Re: Greetings from Bosnia!

  • Sasha
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 13, 2008
      Hi Andrius

      I see you are in Bosnia, would be nice if you could visit us. I am
      some 250 km away from Tuzla. I think its few hours away by car or bus.

      Regards, Sasha

      --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Chepaitis

      onereachinganother@yahoogroups.com
      minciu_sodas_BOS@yahoogroups.com
      > Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 12:33:41 AM
      > Subject: [learningfromeachother] Greetings from Bosnia!
      >

      > I'm very glad for all who came to our Saturday chat: Fred Kayiwa
      > (Uganda), Pamela McLean and friends (Nigeria), Phionah, Graham Knight
      > (UK), Thomas Chepaitis (Lithuania), Mac, Simon, wonderful! Thank you!
      >
      > I just arrived in Bosnia. Mondays and Thursdays I will teach in
      Sarajevo,
      > and Tuesdays and Fridays I will teach in Tuzla. I will be here for two
      > semesters.
      >
      > Fred, You should apply for the Young Innovator Award to work at our
      help room
      > http://www.dmlcompe tition.net/ young.php
      >
      > and I will apply for the Innovation in Participatory Learning Awards
      likewise
      > http://www.dmlcompe tition.net/ innovation- pl.php
      >
      > Let's see what we can do!
      >
      > P.S. I learned that our Minciu Sodas proposal was not selected for the
      > African Innovation Fund to promote UK innovations.
      >
      > Peace,
      >
      > Andrius Kulikauskas
      > Minciu Sodas
      > http://www.ms. lt
      > ms@...
      > +1 312 618 3345
      >
      > FredKayiwa: Am welcoming whoever comes Today you are most welcome :: Hi
      > Pam :: Nice to see you here :: am having reaction with my eye after
      > medicine from dentist but will be ok
      >
      > Pam: Hi fred. Sorry about the reaction :: i am at Fntsuam in the main
      > house :: I will go oever to the KRC - Knowledge Resource Centre to
      see if
      > there is anyone there :: If so I will tell them about the chat :: I amy
      > not be able to join in much as the connections here have been very
      bad and
      > teh service provider is not giving us any useful informaion about when
      > they will fix the problem :: Also my laptop battery is very low :: BFN
      >
      > FredKayiwa: oh sounds bad :: wish u the best in there
      >
      > Pam: it is much better than it used to be years ago :: we have solar
      power
      > in teh main house, so I can leave my sysytem here to recharge, even when
      > there is no NEPA (Grid power) :: I'll go to the KRC now
      >
      > FredKayiwa: ok :: Hello Phionah :: did expect you
      >
      > Phionah: oh Kayiwa was up :: am sorry for your raection do you have
      allagey?

      > FredKayiwa: yap
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: hi phionah
      >
      > Graham: Hi. I'm not sure what the subject(s) are to be!
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: Hi Graham :: Hi Phionah :: hi PAM :: guys you can look
      at the
      > left and see how you can change your colur
      >
      > Graham: /room English
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: Gragham am here to assist you what would you love the
      Topic to
      > be :: hi B :: who are you B
      >
      > Graham: I have quite a number in my head but I guess the main one is why
      > so many have recently shown an interest in DIY Solar but have not
      reported
      > progress. :: Perhaps my main interest on the maion moment is Biochar
      which
      > some of you may not have heartd of?
      >
      > Phionah: Hi All
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: We would love to Know Biochar :: thanks how is it
      >
      > Phionah: oh Gragam hi what is Biochar
      >
      > Graham: Several people in Africa want to know about how a special
      charcoal
      > can be used to make poor soil productive.
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: hi Graham
      >
      > Graham: My main interest is getting it know about by the people that
      matter.

      > Fredkayiwa: Can you explain Graham :: Pam how many people you are with?
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: Marcus Simmons from EcoShelter is here with me at
      > Fantusam, working with John Dada on the Attaachab
      >
      > Graham: To cut a long story short have a look at yahoo groups
      > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/biochar- climatechange/ post
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: oops - Attachab Eco-village project :: He has been
      > talking about biochar
      >
      > Graham: Hi Marcus! It's a small world. Did not know you belonged in here
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: I am Simon
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: Gragham nice project i can see :: hi simon
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: Marcus is in a different bulding - we are in the KRC
      >
      > Graham: It is difficult to go into details in a chat, it seems to me. Do
      > you want me to say more know or just leave some references?
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: i think Graham you have to write more about it and post to
      > diffrent forums there :: you will get many response :: its ok Graham
      >
      > Graham: I'm not sure what you mean Fred :: I am here really as I'm
      > desperate to find people who will back Biochar projects.
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: Imean Biochar :: many people wold love to know about it
      >
      > Graham: Apart from improving soil if enough people get involved we can
      > reduce the carbon dioxide in the air. :: There is just one problem - the
      > people with influence are not interested!
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: but there are many people who are intreted in knowing
      about it
      > :: foreaxmple you can start a worknet about it :: may be people to back
      > you should not be your worry :: just blow trupent about it
      >
      > Graham: I am not exert enough. People can join the Yahoo groups.
      Peter and
      > Kofi already have.
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: I was with Marcus and I watched and helped and learned
      > about eco-dome :: G - you are right. the people with influence are not
      > interested.
      >
      > Thomas: hello everybody
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: That is why we need to start at grass roots and spread
      > ideas from there
      >
      > Thomas: Thomas from Vilnius is here
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: Hi Thomas this is Simon in Nigeria
      >
      > Thomas: hi, Simon, hello, Fred and Pam
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: Hi Thomas - how is Lithuania?
      >
      > Thomas: Pam, I should be in G.Britain on October 22-30 :: Lithuania
      is ...
      > well, people gather mushrooms, it's the sign of October:) :: and there
      > were elections or should be - anyway, I missed then
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: Wher will you be in UK? Do you want to sleep on my
      sofa -
      > two nights is the maximaum I cna cope with visitors and I do not do any
      > cooking ;-)
      >
      > Thomas: no, no, I have a place to stay//
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: but there is plenty of breakfast cereals and toast
      >
      > Thomas: I would go to Liverpool where they pay me a weekend for
      winning a
      > poetry prize
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: Will you be in London area? Will we be able to meet up?
      >
      > Thomas: and then back to London on Monday, 27-th
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: Hi THOMAS :: when do you want to go to liverpool
      >
      > Thomas: so, can we have just a walk around the Blue Bells dwelling
      > areas... Hi, Fred!
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: i can send u to liverpool FC
      >
      > Thomas: good!
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: you will email me and i know :: Graham can you join this
      group
      > :: http://www.blessedu nrest.com
      >
      > Thomas: ok, what do you mean - a soccer match?
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: Ah thomas - you need to come in the spring to see the
      > bluebells - but the wood is there, and autumn is a good time for
      beautiful
      > woodland
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: yes we have soccer academy in UGANDA and we want connection
      > from liverpool
      >
      > Graham: Not sure what you mean Fred. I live in Kent in South of UK.
      Not a
      > footbal maniac!
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: congrats Thomas on your poetry prize
      >
      > Phionah: Graham i just sent you a nice link for people who would
      love Biocha

      > PamAndKRCPeople: hi Phionah where are you
      >
      > Phionah: i sent it to Fred and he sent it this :: hi pam am from
      Uganda ::
      > am avolunter in AIDS hospital
      >
      > Graham: Thanks Phiohah but where do i find mit :: It . my typing
      gets worse

      > Thomas: hei :: Ha... Blessed Unrest... damned interesting movement :: Ah
      > Pam, yes, foolish me, it seems I forgot which time of the year is now
      >
      > Phionah: am not in agriculutre
      >
      > Thomas: SHould I write down your phone or address, Pam? I should stay
      > around Kensington :: Fred, what can I do for you with the Liverpool FC?
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: just get us people who can sponser our kids in the academy
      >
      > Graham: Hi Fred. I have got the link and remember talking to Paul many
      > years ago
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: oh thats owesome Graham :: i need to see how you work with
      > Ugandans in the Biocha if you want that
      >
      > Graham: But it seems to be a book not a group??
      >
      > PamAndKRCPeople: Pam is just leaving
      >
      > Thomas: Well, Fred, if I meet someone who could 0 though I'll be more
      > around art places - I should pass him your e-mail, which
      > is.......... ......... ......... ...?
      >
      > Graham: I'm happy to send info to just anyone and everyone. Sooner or
      > later we will find the RIGHT people!
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: http://www.kampalaj uniorteam. tumblr.com :: kayiwafred AT
      > gmail.com
      >
      > Thomas: okj, Fred, I've got it.
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: www.onehelpinganoth er.com ::
      > http://www.kampalaj uniorteam. tumblr.com :: Thomas you will do me
      the best
      > :: will be happy with :: and i will give you an african wife :: if
      you are
      > not married :: hahahah
      >
      > Thomas: well, I am just looking for good chick! :: and I like african
      > women...
      >
      > SimonFantsuamKRC: Hi every one I am back again
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: welcome simon
      >
      > Thomas: hi, Simon, see you all soon, now leaving
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: Graham :: http://www.carbonco ach.com :: that man called
      Dave
      > Humpton leaves in Uk
      >
      > Graham: I will have a look and come back
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: he has many ideas about your project :: Graham whats ur
      email

      > Graham: biodes AT bigfoot.com He looks a useful sort!
      >
      > Fredkayiwa: ok will email u now :: may bew you have questions about
      using
      > wiki?
      >
      > Graham: Not sure what you mean about wiki. There are some for
      Biochar. ::