Greetings from Bosnia!

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 11, 2008
      I'm very glad for all who came to our Saturday chat: Fred Kayiwa
      (Uganda), Pamela McLean and friends (Nigeria), Phionah, Graham Knight
      (UK), Thomas Chepaitis (Lithuania), Mac, Simon, wonderful! Thank you!

      I just arrived in Bosnia. Mondays and Thursdays I will teach in Sarajevo,
      and Tuesdays and Fridays I will teach in Tuzla. I will be here for two
      semesters.

      Fred, You should apply for the Young Innovator Award to work at our help room
      http://www.dmlcompetition.net/young.php

      and I will apply for the Innovation in Participatory Learning Awards likewise
      http://www.dmlcompetition.net/innovation-pl.php

      Let's see what we can do!

      P.S. I learned that our Minciu Sodas proposal was not selected for the
      African Innovation Fund to promote UK innovations.

      Peace,

      +1 312 618 3345

      FredKayiwa: Am welcoming whoever comes Today you are most welcome :: Hi
      Pam :: Nice to see you here :: am having reaction with my eye after
      medicine from dentist but will be ok

      Pam: Hi fred. Sorry about the reaction :: i am at Fntsuam in the main
      house :: I will go oever to the KRC - Knowledge Resource Centre to see if
      there is anyone there :: If so I will tell them about the chat :: I amy
      not be able to join in much as the connections here have been very bad and
      teh service provider is not giving us any useful informaion about when
      they will fix the problem :: Also my laptop battery is very low :: BFN

      FredKayiwa: oh sounds bad :: wish u the best in there

      Pam: it is much better than it used to be years ago :: we have solar power
      in teh main house, so I can leave my sysytem here to recharge, even when
      there is no NEPA (Grid power) :: I'll go to the KRC now

      FredKayiwa: ok :: Hello Phionah :: did expect you

      Phionah: oh Kayiwa was up :: am sorry for your raection do you have allagey?

      FredKayiwa: yap

      PamAndKRCPeople: hi phionah

      Graham: Hi. I'm not sure what the subject(s) are to be!

      Fredkayiwa: Hi Graham :: Hi Phionah :: hi PAM :: guys you can look at the
      left and see how you can change your colur

      Graham: /room English

      Fredkayiwa: Gragham am here to assist you what would you love the Topic to
      be :: hi B :: who are you B

      Graham: I have quite a number in my head but I guess the main one is why
      so many have recently shown an interest in DIY Solar but have not reported
      progress. :: Perhaps my main interest on the maion moment is Biochar which
      some of you may not have heartd of?

      Phionah: Hi All

      Fredkayiwa: We would love to Know Biochar :: thanks how is it

      Phionah: oh Gragam hi what is Biochar

      Graham: Several people in Africa want to know about how a special charcoal
      can be used to make poor soil productive.

      PamAndKRCPeople: hi Graham

      Graham: My main interest is getting it know about by the people that matter.

      Fredkayiwa: Can you explain Graham :: Pam how many people you are with?

      PamAndKRCPeople: Marcus Simmons from EcoShelter is here with me at
      Fantusam, working with John Dada on the Attaachab

      Graham: To cut a long story short have a look at yahoo groups
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/biochar-climatechange/post

      PamAndKRCPeople: oops - Attachab Eco-village project :: He has been
      talking about biochar

      Graham: Hi Marcus! It's a small world. Did not know you belonged in here

      PamAndKRCPeople: I am Simon

      Fredkayiwa: Gragham nice project i can see :: hi simon

      PamAndKRCPeople: Marcus is in a different bulding - we are in the KRC

      Graham: It is difficult to go into details in a chat, it seems to me. Do
      you want me to say more know or just leave some references?

      Fredkayiwa: i think Graham you have to write more about it and post to
      diffrent forums there :: you will get many response :: its ok Graham

      Graham: I'm not sure what you mean Fred :: I am here really as I'm
      desperate to find people who will back Biochar projects.

      Fredkayiwa: Imean Biochar :: many people wold love to know about it

      Graham: Apart from improving soil if enough people get involved we can
      reduce the carbon dioxide in the air. :: There is just one problem - the
      people with influence are not interested!

      Fredkayiwa: but there are many people who are intreted in knowing about it
      :: foreaxmple you can start a worknet about it :: may be people to back
      you should not be your worry :: just blow trupent about it

      Graham: I am not exert enough. People can join the Yahoo groups. Peter and
      Kofi already have.

      PamAndKRCPeople: I was with Marcus and I watched and helped and learned
      about eco-dome :: G - you are right. the people with influence are not
      interested.

      Thomas: hello everybody

      PamAndKRCPeople: That is why we need to start at grass roots and spread
      ideas from there

      Thomas: Thomas from Vilnius is here

      PamAndKRCPeople: Hi Thomas this is Simon in Nigeria

      Thomas: hi, Simon, hello, Fred and Pam

      PamAndKRCPeople: Hi Thomas - how is Lithuania?

      Thomas: Pam, I should be in G.Britain on October 22-30 :: Lithuania is ...
      well, people gather mushrooms, it's the sign of October:) :: and there
      were elections or should be - anyway, I missed then

      PamAndKRCPeople: Wher will you be in UK? Do you want to sleep on my sofa -
      two nights is the maximaum I cna cope with visitors and I do not do any
      cooking ;-)

      Thomas: no, no, I have a place to stay//

      PamAndKRCPeople: but there is plenty of breakfast cereals and toast

      Thomas: I would go to Liverpool where they pay me a weekend for winning a
      poetry prize

      PamAndKRCPeople: Will you be in London area? Will we be able to meet up?

      Thomas: and then back to London on Monday, 27-th

      Fredkayiwa: Hi THOMAS :: when do you want to go to liverpool

      Thomas: so, can we have just a walk around the Blue Bells dwelling
      areas... Hi, Fred!

      Fredkayiwa: i can send u to liverpool FC

      Thomas: good!

      Fredkayiwa: you will email me and i know :: Graham can you join this group
      :: http://www.blessedunrest.com

      Thomas: ok, what do you mean - a soccer match?

      PamAndKRCPeople: Ah thomas - you need to come in the spring to see the
      bluebells - but the wood is there, and autumn is a good time for beautiful
      woodland

      Fredkayiwa: yes we have soccer academy in UGANDA and we want connection
      from liverpool

      Graham: Not sure what you mean Fred. I live in Kent in South of UK. Not a
      footbal maniac!

      PamAndKRCPeople: congrats Thomas on your poetry prize

      Phionah: Graham i just sent you a nice link for people who would love Biocha

      PamAndKRCPeople: hi Phionah where are you

      Phionah: i sent it to Fred and he sent it this :: hi pam am from Uganda ::
      am avolunter in AIDS hospital

      Graham: Thanks Phiohah but where do i find mit :: It . my typing gets worse

      Thomas: hei :: Ha... Blessed Unrest... damned interesting movement :: Ah
      Pam, yes, foolish me, it seems I forgot which time of the year is now

      Phionah: am not in agriculutre

      Thomas: SHould I write down your phone or address, Pam? I should stay
      around Kensington :: Fred, what can I do for you with the Liverpool FC?

      Fredkayiwa: just get us people who can sponser our kids in the academy

      Graham: Hi Fred. I have got the link and remember talking to Paul many
      years ago

      Fredkayiwa: oh thats owesome Graham :: i need to see how you work with
      Ugandans in the Biocha if you want that

      Graham: But it seems to be a book not a group??

      PamAndKRCPeople: Pam is just leaving

      Thomas: Well, Fred, if I meet someone who could 0 though I'll be more
      around art places - I should pass him your e-mail, which
      is...............................?

      Graham: I'm happy to send info to just anyone and everyone. Sooner or
      later we will find the RIGHT people!

      Fredkayiwa: http://www.kampalajuniorteam.tumblr.com :: kayiwafred AT
      gmail.com

      Thomas: okj, Fred, I've got it.

      Fredkayiwa: www.onehelpinganother.com ::
      http://www.kampalajuniorteam.tumblr.com :: Thomas you will do me the best
      :: will be happy with :: and i will give you an african wife :: if you are
      not married :: hahahah

      Thomas: well, I am just looking for good chick! :: and I like african
      women...

      SimonFantsuamKRC: Hi every one I am back again

      Fredkayiwa: welcome simon

      Thomas: hi, Simon, see you all soon, now leaving

      Fredkayiwa: Graham :: http://www.carboncoach.com :: that man called Dave
      Humpton leaves in Uk

      Graham: I will have a look and come back

      Fredkayiwa: he has many ideas about your project :: Graham whats ur email

      Graham: biodes AT bigfoot.com He looks a useful sort!

      Fredkayiwa: ok will email u now :: may bew you have questions about using
      wiki?

      Graham: Not sure what you mean about wiki. There are some for Biochar. ::
      The problem is that such solutions are not popluar with the 'powers that
      be'

      Fredkayiwa: ok how to write on pages of Miniciu sodas

      Graham: Maybe we better discuss this with emails.i do not know where you
      are going!

      Fredkayiwa: ok ok :: thanks :: but whenver you feel like asking am always
      here this time

      Graham: Emails to me can take a while as they go via forwarding in USA

      Fredkayiwa: biodes AT bigfoot.com

      Graham: Yes. Comes from my main title BioDesign which was invented 20
      years ago when I was in to garden/organic products :: Just found one wiki
      at en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biochar

      Phionah: we have a widow here in uganda who use organic farming but earns
      over 100000$ a year :: looks organic farming not easy to strat

      Graham: Looks like a lot of money. Guess she has the right contacts?

      Fredkayiwa: u mean mrs Kizaa pHIOANAH :: yes i hear always our president
      reffering to her always

      Graham: Hi Fred Your email has arrived Will reply later!

      Phionah: bye :: have to leave

      Fredkayiwa: see you later phionah :: just look on your left you will see
      the word leave and click it :: dont just close the window and the name
      will remainsigned

      Phionah: ok Fred

      Fredkayiwa: http://kampalajuniorteam.tumblr.com :: Grham you can also join
      :: http://worknets.ning.com :: Hi Mac

      Mac: hi fred :: just peeping

      Graham: I've already joined but sure why! Have sent Fed an email with pdf

      Fredkayiwa: from? :: may be re join again

      Graham: But I'm listed !

      Fredkayiwa: have to go and rest now :: thanks for your visting

      Graham: Ok See you soon. Cheers everyone

      Fredkayiwa: /msg thomas2 ll in?
    • kayiwa fred
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 11, 2008
        Hi Andrius wish you the best in Bosnia
        Unfotunatly

        Young Innovator Award to work at our help room
        http://www.dmlcompe tition.net/ young.php

         my country is not listed and they are strict to only listed countries
        i only see southafrica and Nigeria from Africa
        what do you think?

        http://www.ms. lt
        ms@...
[...]

      • Samwel Kongere
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 12, 2008
          I am going to Nairobi on Wednesday.
          I was glad to see the Graham, Marcus, Pam, Fred,
          Phionah, Thomas and Andrius in Bosnia.
          Grateful i was inspired by the chat but Graham as i am
          not in favour of using charcoal (Biochar), our island
          is in need of more trees, i joined campaign for
          growing trees. I am in favour of DIY solar as i wait
          to receive the packet from you. There is abundant
          sunshine.
          I hope Marcus heard about our idea in eco-system
          sustainability through David Mutua and i am moving to
          Nairobi next week to meet David and Dan.
          There are specific innovative projects for particular
          areas and regions.
          Fred i did not see a particular subject on focus
          yesterday at the chat archives, i hope next time we
          have a clear subject for discusion.
          Andrius is now a teacher of math in Bosnia, this is
          great.
          More later.
          Samwel.

        • Thomas Chepaitis
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 13, 2008
            Greetings, Andrius!

            I feel Balcans are good to live. Meet some sufi people, I'll send addresses.

            Thomas

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 13, 2008
              Hi Andrius

              I see you are in Bosnia, would be nice if you could visit us. I am
              some 250 km away from Tuzla. I think its few hours away by car or bus.

              Regards, Sasha

              --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Chepaitis

              onereachinganother@yahoogroups.com
              minciu_sodas_BOS@yahoogroups.com