Re: learning journey

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2008
      Fola - Thank you for sending this

      Everyone - Fola was a participant at my recent training course at the Knowledge Resource Centre at Fantsuam Foundation. One of our activities was to consider our personal learning journeys. You might like to read Fola's and then perhaps you would send your own to LearningFromEachOther.

      Chris - Fola has two of the World Without Poverty books. I brought 16 copies over here to Nigeria. I only gave them to people that John Dada and I knew, who were genuinely interested and had contacts who would also be interested. I gave them away in pairs - one to keep and one to lend. I found that I had not brought enough, but I will try to get more out through the Dadamac network.

      Pam

      2008/10/10 folabi sunday <folabisunday@...>
      learning journey
      Birth: since learning takes place from the day we are born till death I learnt from my parents how to babble,talk,toddle,walk,suck,laugh,eat,put on clothes,the norms and culture of my tribe was inbibed through precept,examples,,drilling and practice,I learnt how to do house chores like fetching water,washing clothes and plates Peer: I learnt how to approach opposite sex,how to exchange pleasantry,how to ride,play football,sing,how to communicate and how to comport and compose  myself while facing the crowd,how to browse and surf the internet,how to create a website using HTML.
Primary: I learnt how to identify figures,alphabets,object,how to read simple words,how to scribble, I learnt how to respect and obey elders and stipulated authority.
      Secondary school: I learnt how to read and write more legibly and eventually comprehend what I have read and put them into practice.I learnt how to choose a career,some skills like ball joggling,drawing,cuttiing lawns,writing were learnt as well. I learnt how to compete with others and possibly accept defeat with stoic equanimity
      Higher education: I learnt how to choose a life carreer and purse it with perfect interest and uptmost determination, Learnt about the reality of my environment and how I could make good use of the resources avaiilable to  to achieve my goals and purpose in life. I delve much into my chosen career dogedly.
Destination: I am now a teacher that was my chosen carrieer I want to teach many people about how  to find joy in whatever things they are doing, want to be a write using the internet to inform and educate people in the world about the difficulties and pleasure of teaching in the rurals(visit my blog http://teachingintherurals.blogspot.com) I want to become an ICT expert and eventually use my acquired skills and knowledge to empower and liberate people around me and possibly liberate them from abject poverty using the method of Yinus Muhammed to establish a social business with zero capital.