News on the fly from google alert

  • Benoit
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2008
      The following popped up in my google alert about Minciu Sodas and
      Chris Macrae. I thought them to be very relevant to Minciu Sodas
      groups of Living by Truth and of Learning from Each Other.

      Benoit
      ------------------

      Alert about Minciu Sodas:

      http://www.pbs.org/idealab/2008/10/the-includerepisode-2year-2.html

      Alert about Chris:

      ---- Original Content from Wed, 01 Oct 2008 12:13:22 PDT ----
      I admire waht you are trying to take up to the next level here Michael

      What would really excite me is if we could work out a few symbols
      which each project could be labelled by - like eg the red michelin
      guide gives hotels special symbols if the scenery is beautiful or the
      cooking is excellent or indeed if a place is the best value in the
      region

      I am well aware that if ned used all its brains we coild come up with
      a glittering array of logos.

      HOwever there are two, if certified accurately would make it very
      easy for me to talk about catcomm in 10000 youth dilaogues I am
      moderating this year and other projects aimed to scale up connections
      to the community-sustaining world's deepest but replicable projects

      1 is the exact defition of sustaianability business which requires
      showing that there is a proven model of positive cashflow and an
      ownership that wants all the surplus reinvested in purpose/community
      not sucked out to wall street or other big city owners

      2 the other is something a lot less ambitious but equally
      misundersttod- it is that defintion of social action that certifies
      that a team of at least 3 people have been aiming to develop a
      service franchise around an unchanged goal and that they have stayed
      together for at least a year and that they are happy to share their
      action learnings (failures as well as sucecsses) is teams of equal
      integrity can show that they are working on analagous goals.
      This particular stage really isnt about the money-. Its about seeing
      if you really have both competences and a gaol that the community
      loves you for delivering.
      If you can prove and sustain that- as well as quite frankly get on
      with each other as co-workers - then if there is any goodwill in this
      networked world it shouldnt be too difficult to find people who will
      give you an interest free loan once you know what social bsuienss
      model you are graduating to

      Its my guess that about 30% of the projects in catcom mmight qualify
      as SA and about 10% as SB - how do you see this?