  • Dan Otedo
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 8, 2008

      Hamjambo Pamela and David?

      I hope you are fine. You remember me and you sharing on the possibilities of working together on the computer program for teachers. With a strong focus, I wanted a bird I hand first before we go for two in the bush. I can assure you that I am in a position at least to influence how this program is running. I have been thinking on how Pamela, you and I can have the Innovative Women teachers project (IWTP) and Teachers Talking working in concert to remove barriers to digital inclusion and enable Kenyan teachers to realize the full potential of technology in this case ICT4 education.

      It goes without saying that IC Technology plays a fundamental role in lifelong learning and is used in all aspects of education such as teaching, learning, assessment, evaluation, record keeping, personal productivity, and communication.

       The two projects have  the  provides a pragmatic opportunity for mainstreaming ICT as a tool for learning and development not only by helping remove bridge the digital divide,  but also by effectively promoting the teachers’ professional development to by giving a new  dimension to  their skills and offering  diverse professional development opportunities  beyond geography and methodology.

      It is for this that we are working with the Ministry of Education and the Kenya institute of technology. The latter, with regard to training the Trainers of trainees and Preloading laptops (that will be given to the trainees) with digitized subject content.

      The E learning coordinator ministry of Education will train venues are booked us in all teacher colleges from 27th Nov -11th dec 2008.Beyond this however is  the issue of forming Innovative teacher networks, peer to peer learning ,having an innovative teachers Congress .

      I think we can now explore avenues of partnership. I plan to have training going on in 30 venues over November /December, Period. I have indicated before, I like every bit of the TT curriculum Pam .We have a chance of having an eclectic way of bridging the digital divide. I can dedicate one training venue, e.g.  The Machako’s Teacher training college to our Activities with TT, if you David will be around. What do you think?

      Have a restful day

      Dan Andrew Otedo.
      Program Officer,
      The African Center for Women,Informations
      Communications Technology(ACWICT)
      Tel :(+254)-020-3862907/107
      cell phone :+254720366094.
      e-mail: dotedo@....