Re: September 4th - First Thursday topics for discussion

  • minciusodas
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 3, 2008
      Pamela, Fred,
      I appreciate your enthusiasm at our Minciu Sodas lab!
      I apologize that our chat room is not working now
      I am working on fixing it but it is taking some time.
      I will keep you posted.
      I suggest you send your Yahoo ID or Skype ID to the list perhaps
      people can join you.
      Andrius Kulikauskas

      --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, "Pamela McLean"
      <pam54321@...> wrote:
      > It is the first Thursday of the month again, when we usually go to
      the chat
      > room WorkNets Chat Room <http://www.worknets.org/chat/base/>. There
      > various things I would like us to discuss, which I will list below.
      If you
      > cannot get to the chat room perhaps you will respond by writing to
      > group. I shall be travelling so I may not be able to get to the
      chat room �
      > but I hope you will have the discussion anyhow. if I cannot be
      there I will
      > check the archive as soon as I can.
      > I would like your thoughts on the Yunus WWP book and on various
      things to do
      > with education.
      > Ref the book. We have copies of the books thanks to Chris Macrae.
      I want us
      > to keep giving him feedback so that he knows it was good use of his
      > resources. I am very interested as well to know more about how the
      > are circulating.
      > Even if you have not read the book yet I would like to know what
      you have
      > heard about it.
      > I am wondering if people are talking about it together. Is someone
      > the book all eh way through and then passing it on? Are people
      reading a
      > small bit � everyone reading the same bit in turn - and then
      coming together
      > to talk about it? What else are people doing? What about people who
      are not
      > comfortable reading in English? How do we share the ideas with them?
      > There are many interesting ideas and true stories about what has
      happened in
      > Bangladesh. How do the stories fit with practical experiences in
      Africa? How
      > do we build on the facts and ideas in the book?
      > Ref education.
      > I am interested in education... not for exams but for things we
      need to
      > learn in order to do things or to understand things better. Now we
      have the
      > Internet it is changing how we can learn.
      > I think of Mincius Sodas as my university because I am free to
      think and to
      > learn here.
      > Fred and I were discussing these ideas yesterday. WE both value
      Minciu Sodas
      > highly. I hope he will be able to get to the chat room to help take
      > discussion forward. He has interesting ideas to share.
      > I think we are very lucky to have the opportunity to meet each
      other in the
      > groups and in the chat room to rub minds with others and organise
      > thoughts.
      > How can we share such opportunities with others?
      > How do we encourage them to see the value of this kind of learning?
      > How do we improve this kind of learning to help more people to join
      > What do people want to learn?
      > How do they like to learn it?
      > How can the Internet help?
      > How can we help each other?
      > I am not suggesting that we try all to answer all those questions.
      I just