Introduction

  • Sahibzada Asim Maharvi
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 13, 2008
      Dear All Sallamz and peace,
      All thanks to Thomas who invited me to this group, below is a brief
      on me for rest of the members, who don't know me.
      Dua go wa Dua Jo
      Sahibzada Asim Maharvi
      Sahibzada Asim Maharvi Chishti

      Born in Maharsharif, Pakistan.Belongs to the family of great sufi
      saint of later Chishti order Hazrat Khwaja Noor Muhammad Maharvi (
      R.A). Educated and Trained in spiritual sufi atmosphere since
      childhood. Early Study travels to Central Asia, Russia , England ,
      United States of America met different Sufi masters of various
      Tariqat and got the honor for being in their service . Spiritual
      quest was always there from the very first day of his birth the
      thrust of the path of Love began in the early 2001 when he ended up
      coming back to the spiritually rich Pakistan leaving a sound carrier
      in United States of America! ! ! as a journalist. Intense period of
      studying! the teachings of Islam and Sufism's universal message of
      generosity, compassion and love of all creation. Initiated into
      Chishtiya Nizamiya Tariqa. Translated four books of great Sufi
      Mystic Poets of Punjabi, all published, between 2003 and 2006.Edited
      the Biography of great sufi master Hazrat Shah Suleyman Taunsvi
      (R.A).A leading columnist on Tasawwuf, give lectures and organize
      spiritual workshops and seminars throughout Pakistan as well as
      overseas. He in order to revive the traditional Khanqahi system in
      the modern era, was the one to take the initiative to establish The
      Baba Farid School of Sufi Studies of its on kind. He! is now working
      as the Project Director for the School of Sufi Studies .

      Brief Summary of Books

      ·
      · Muntakhib ul Manaqib: Biography of Hazrat Shah Suleyman ,2005.
      · Gulshan-e-Asrar: Biography of Hazrat Shah Suleyman ,2005.

      Brief Summary of work in Progress

      · Astan-e-Yar: Biography and chronology of Sufi Chishti Lineage. To
      be published.
      · Chishti Stages of Love: To be published
      · Islam in The Age of Globalization: Un completed
      · Letters of Maharvi : Translation of Maktoobat of Khwaja Imam Baksh
      Maharvi on the frequent asked questions and comments on Sufisim.
      · Kashkool-e-Kalimi : Translation of Shah Kalim Ullah 's work in
      English