Re: [learningfromeachother] Re: [sustainable_solidarity] Article - Rhizomatic Education: Community as Curriculum - Dave Cormier

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 5, 2008
      Hi Thomas and Dante

      Dante - thanks for the second link too. Another interesting paper. I was tempted to respond to that one as well, but satisfied myself with signing up for the related September course instead. You mentioned sending me a related question as well. I look forward to seeing that - but once again may have to avoid getting drawn into discussion just now - I may have to just think, but not write.

      Thomas - Thank you for your encouraging response - although I think you put words in my mouth. I did not say academic circles have a lot of vices - just that there is a big culture gap between the established academic world and those of us who study, informally through online communities of learning (in a "rhizomic way"I understand - if I have read the description carefully enough) Also - I see you have started a new humanhuman group, I mean to join when I find the link - or perhaps you would subscribe me - or post details for all of us here.

      I love the idea that "Knowledge is a road where we meet unexpected people....  Certainly my life has been much enriched by the people I have come to know in my explorations relating to teaching and learning - such as everyone who contributes to this list of course :-)

      Pam

      2008/8/5 Thomas Chepaitis <uzheroldas1615@...>

      Glad to hear your rhizomatic voice, Pam!

      You are right, academic circles have a lot of vices (which were clearly described by brothers Wesley in their sermons). In short we can call them "dons". There always are a lot of people who try to enter and cling to that "inner circle", and you luck is that you are outsider.

      Open the circle! Make it wide!

      Knowledge is a road where we meet unexpected people, a road to Truth, not to preserving Knowledge for it's sake...

      Yours,
      Thomas