Re: [learningfromeachother] Kiswahili version of Microsoft Office 2003 and Windows XP

  • Edward Cherlin
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2008
      On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 11:59 PM, ricardoolpc <ricardoolpc@...> wrote:
      > Dear Pam, Dan, Sam, David, Evelyn, Fred, Uyoga and all

      Hujambo.

      > I came across this newspaper story written in 2005 about Microsoft producing
      > a Language Interface Pack (LIP) for Microsoft Office 2003 (it must be a
      > legal copy, to work). The LIP is software you download and install, and it
      > 'overlays' the English user-interface (Menus, Help, pop-help, etc) with the
      > Kiswahili words and phrases. You can switch backwards and forwards quickly
      > between the 2 languages.

      Do you know about the Kiswahili support in Linux? We do not have to
      wait for a vendor to produce language support packs for Free/Open
      Source Software. Anybody can join in the work. For example, here are
      the Swahili project and group pages for Ubuntu Linux.

      https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/hardy/+lang/sw
      https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-sw

      --
      Silent Thunder [默雷/शब्दगर्ज] is my name,
      And Children are my nation.