Re: [learningfromeachother] Yunus book

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2008

      Dear Prince,

      as Ken Owino has wrtten  in a wonderful message some month ago, if I remember well, "poverty is at first in mind".  I'm very convinced of that and it's not a geographical problem.  There are many poors in Italy and in US as well, because they have not awareness and critical thinking about they needs and are affected by the dominant power of the market. Nevertheless I wish that Dar es Salaam, this beautiful and rich in history, tradition and culture has bookstores and cultural activities adequale to the expectations of of a large sector of its population.

      I'm sorry that I couldn't meet you in Ghana . I would like to share ideas and comments with you of that conference.

      Thanks for replying me!

      Greetings from DSM

      Maria Agnese

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 11, 2008

        Dear Maria,

            Many thanks for this wonderfull book ..am encouraging all to read it....Samuael has given me this book and hope tomparticipate with others.

          Maria,Samuel,Dan and all.

        Do you think this book is good if translate into dholuo...how can we get yunus to confirm that..I HAVE SEEN IT HAS PARACTICAL EXPERIENCE WHAT HAPPENS HERE..is slowly comming in here women in kisumu and the illages in ahero call it Nyayo"OR table banking to help in sstainable development and it has helped many buy utencils at home and buy food.

        What do you think.

        TOM OCHUKA.

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 11, 2008
          Kampala Junior Team
          P.o.box 3303 kampala
          www.onehelpinganother.com
          this is our club of th young kids both Girls and boys
          we realized that we need an office were we can always keep our stuffs like the donated boots, uniforms and computers in future.
          we saw an office for a small fee in Batvalley Primary school
          which is so nice for us since this school has got a play ground and a hall
          and many of our kids and orphans are studying in this school
          we hope when we secure it we shall be doing good
          even in teaching its teachers the computer
          I guess Pam would love to hear this that many of these teachers dont know anything to do with computer.
          We hope Andrius Finds some jobs for small fee for me and the all team such that we can pay this office
          likewise other members.
          thaks alot yours
          FredKayiwa
          Kabugo Manisuli