A new tool for our lab, a survey

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9 2:22 PM
      Hi, Greetings from Burlington, Vermont! where I am attending Stephen
      Wolfram's summer school for A New Kind of Science.
      http://www.wolframscience.com/summerschool/2008/
      We're learning how to explore our ideas with cellular automata.

      I will write more about my research using these tools to work with
      Christopher Alexander's principles of life and Nikos Salingaros's laws of
      architecture. But meanwhile I invite us to try out the survey tool which
      I have created for such purposes:
      http://www.worknets.org/survey/

      You are given two choices (in this case, patterns generated by cellular
      automata) and you're asked which one is more dear to you? (makes you feel
      more alive, more whole, simply better). This is aesthetic data that is
      very relevant for Christopher Alexander's theory because he asserts that
      people generally agree on their answers. Our survey tool can help check
      this.

      Also, we can use this tool for other data collection such as Which of two
      values feels warmer or colder to us? which would let us make a map of the
      hundreds of values that we have collected at
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Values Or which endeavor is more
      interesting for you?

      There is no log-in system but the answers are public and we may identify
      you if we can figure out who you are (and we'll be making that easier).
      So feel free to skip questions, too. Please share your gut feelings.

      Thank you! and if you try it out today or tomorrow then I will be able to
      share my findings before the summer school ends!

      +1 312 618 3345