Pit Latrines to prevent illness at Ahero Deaf Impact school

  • ricardoolpc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2008

      Dear All

      Tom Ochuka from the Deaf Impact organization's school in Ahero, Kenya sent me this nice email to thank me for some web-links I sent him  to find information he asked for about how to dig Pit Latrines, to prevent illness, and to say they have now built one for the children to use.

      I'm sharing the email with this yahoo group...

      Hi Tom

                that's great that you've built a pit latrine now. That should really help the deaf children to stay healthy.

      I'm glad the web-links that I sent you were useful. This has been a good example of how people can get a lot of benefit by sharing information. It would be great if you could take some photos and share the information with similar groups or schools in Kenya, on how you built the pit latrine. That could help them build one too. Maybe the next time Sam visits you, he could take some photos and publish the details of the construction-work on his website, or a web page of your own. Do you have a website for Deaf Impact? It would help other deaf groups to find you on the internet, even if the website is just one page, with your contact details.

      If you haven't done so already, you may find it useful to subscribe to the Water Aid charity email newsletter, using the box on this page http://www.wateraid.org/uk/ I receive the newsletter by email every month and it has useful stories about there work and details of how communities build latrines, and install water-pumps and wells, and appoint local people to look after them.

      Anyway, thanks again for letting me know of your success with the pit latrine.

       Have a nice day.

       Ricardo