Everything becoming Grand in Kenya.

  • Kennedy Owino
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2008

      My memories traces back to a time, i was sitted next to the legs of my Gran next to the Granary.

      My Gran cupping her chin wondered out loud, " Grandson, i have seen huts rising into Grand buildings".

      These houses will one day touch the heavens, Young, tender and naive,little did i know, it didn't even register to me what she mean't.

      I am still looking up to that day Kenya will touch the Heavens, i don't know perhaps the future generation will live to see it.

      Albeit the Grants we receive from Donors, Kenya is grappling with poverty, youth unemployment, and inflation right under the nose of the Grand Coalition which we had hopes in salvaging our Country.

      Shamefull Graft continues to reign.

      The Legislators campaigning for a Grand Opposition Party are calling for a Grand demonstration (Mass action) on Wednesday to protest and call for the resignation of the Finance Minister for unprocedurally selling off the Grand Regency Hotel (A public Asset).

      The Grandeur Minister remains non-apologetic, and relentlessly exuding confidence from the sympathy he gets from some well connected individuals.

      On the other hand, i believe the "Grand Opposition" are good and it is great that they are lashing out but their tongues display a Grand Standing demeanour.

      God help our country, deliver us from the dogs and protect the lives of the poor.

      Some wise fellow (Confucias) once said, "If living was a thing that money could buy, the rich man would live and the poor man die"

      Today confusingly the dictum doesn't hold, it is a wonder that the rich are even trading the lives of the poor.

      We are looking up to that day Kenyans plea will touch heavens and heavens will open to transform Kenya into a state which boast air of great Grandeur.

      Wait a second....Another Grand Scam/Scandal exposed, the News says.

      In yet another twist of events it has been disclosed that there was a Grand deal between Kenyan Government and Muhamar Gaddaffi of Libya to dispose off Kenya Pipeline Limited at a throw a way price.

      Rumors has it that one of the Grand Principals in the Coalition was involved and there are demands that the President comes clean on the issue.

      I am confounded by how "Grand" our Country is becoming.

      Have a Grand day,

      Ken Owino

      Nafsi afrika Acrobats

      www.nafsiafrica.org

      +254723568251

    • Benoit Couture
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2008

        Kennedy,

        When you write:

        "I am still looking up to that day Kenya will touch the Heavens, i don't know perhaps the future generation will live to see it."

        I must say:

        ...no, no, no!  Do not follow and repeat the "Tour of Babel" mistake, brother, Kenya and the whole earth!

        Instead, let us seek out, find and receive the revelation of heaven given to earth's people, so that God may find His habitation in our midst by first, being hosted by each and everyone.

        Love comes to us first, then we respond;  the other way around is a ruse and strategy from the enemy of God who exploits the human heart's fallen condition.

        We are born with a heart which is deceitful and evil above all things, according to scriptures to my experience and according to human history.

        The revelation of heaven is one of God reaching out to humans. and most certainly not one of humans rising up to invade heaven with our corrupted beings!

        First, God offers us  conversion from the one nature of death to the one of eternal life.  Along come purification, tranformation and regeneration of heart, soul and body so that the  renewal of our whole being may live on, in spite of all odds that are brought on by our own mortality, the world and God's enemy.

        We do not rise up to heaven because heaven came to us in Christ.  Seek and you shall find.  Persevere in my word and you shall the truth and the truth shall set you free...

        And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.  Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen."

        I do not mean to be a pain Kennedy, but I do mean to serve the truth in love as opposed to go on being deceived and ripped off by the powers who reject the one authority of heaven.

        ...may all blessings be with us all...

        Benoit