Re: [mendenyo] Fw: G.A.C INVITATION TO THE OPEN NETWORK CANADIAN EXHIBITION FUNDRAISER

  • Kennedy Owino
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2008

      Thanks Kofi,

      Thanks you so much for your short and timely feedback.

      I appreciate the links and connection you have provided here and really believe that progressive actions by Youths are necessary to end the begging mentality.

      I must commend for the vision you have .

      I add that, I always and totally believe that poverty is never the lack of money but the lack of ideas and friends (A MILLIONAIRE WITHOUT FRIENDS IS POOR). Above all, poverty is a creation of the mind. I always say, “Whatever the mind of man (woman included) can conceive and belief, he can achieve”

      I am sure we can  achieve much through proper networks and a cultivated rubbing of minds.

      Be blessed.

      Ken Owino

      Nafsi Afrika Acrobats

      www.nafsiafrica.org

      From: Kennedy Owino <nafsiafricaacro@ yahoo.com>
      To: "learning from each other pamela" <learningfromeachoth er@yahoogroups. com>, "nafsi Afrika acrobats" <nafsiafrikasaana@ yahoogroups. com>, mendenyo@yahoogroup s.com, "holistic helping" <holistichelping@ yahoogroups. com>
      Cc: "joel kirambo" <kiramboj@yahoo. com>, "stevo bro" <westeve20@yahoo. com>
      Date: Wednesday, 25 June, 2008, 11:37 AM

      Hi all,

      Below is a mail from an Arts Organisation (Ghetto Arts collectives) who are engaged in activities with profound effect on the society.

      Nafsi Afrika Acrobats has collaborated with G.A.C in a number of Projects in the Kenyan Ghettos.

      We have also sold a number of our paintings and Art works through their  Fair Trade Market source.

      We have catalogued Art pieces done by us and slum youths with positive depictions of peace and sustainable livelihood in the slums.

      G.A.C has got an opportunity to present the Ghetto Artists in a number of exhibitions in Canada in September.

      G.A.C project is truly the vision of three Hearts and minds (Steve , Jamie and Joel), who are also independent thinkers in the Nafsiafrikasaana working group.

      They have strived to provide and find fair trade pricing for ghetto arts so artists can
      make a better living, and explore their potential.

      Together, we provide arts based outreach programming for ghetto youth.

      We have collaborated our  programmes runing in 3 zones and one IDP camp, that includes: fine arts, yoga, acro-yoga, acrobatics, sexual health education, theatre for social change, discussions of violence, peace, reconciliation, and generally providing resources and opportunity for youth.

      I am wondering whether M.S. Lab  would provide an online space where we would exhibit our works for sale.

      A space that would also allow us to reach a wider network of Arts enthusiasts eager to initiate positive change through Arts.

      I wish you an artistic day,

      Ken Owino

      Nafsi Afrika Acrobats

      www.nafsiafrica. org