Zimbabwe and relevance of PoP

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 13, 2008
      I forward a message from Mary Brennan ref Zimbabwe, with her permission. I have explained to her that if she wanted to replicate PoP we would share freely the strategies we employed. However to implement PoP in Zimbabwe she would need to do some fundraising, as we are not in a position to repeat the financial support that we did for our friends in Kenya.

      Please read her letter and let us see how we can help.

      Pam

      2008/6/12 Mary Brennan <mary.brennan@...>:

      Hi Pam

      I met you briefly at the Kenya analysis event at the Commonwealth society.  I am wondering if the initiative you described – phone networks for peace activists is doing any work in Zimbabwe in the up coming elections – if not are there manuals or strategies we can pass through to networked activists in SA working with Communities in Zimbabwe.  We are also looking for manuals on Self- defence tactics and strategies for communities.  Info found so far is only international fieldworker self protection, nothing so far on local community strategies.

      Any ideas/thoughts would be welcome.

      Best regards

      Mary Brennan