Get more pics from the village

  • folabi sunday
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 11 11:46 PM
      Hi pam,
      I indeed want to send some of the pics on my phone but there is no access to internet though pastor David and I are trying how things could work out well with the internet) but thank his goodness we now have the flash drives and i really desire to make good use of it and i even planned to travel to the city(Ibadan) today hopefully i would browse and use the flashdrive to send the picture. Chief Adejumo after i delivered the flashdrive to him mentioned something about you sending some amount to assist in the cost of browsing but to it never materialised. Iam much more concerned about how to get more functioning in this group pls how do i get more involved i dont mind spending my time,money,energy if only i could get more involved.
      Thanks.

      Sent from Yahoo! Mail.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2008
        Fola

        You are often in my mind and I wonder how we are to be in better contact. There is a MS group called learning to learn and they are looking at the best ways to use phones and flash drives and things. They are  trying to develop a device they call the "Includer".  I hope they will  have success and then it will be easier for you to connect.

        Regarding the money. I am sorry it has been a problem I have not heard form Yomi since before I went to Lithuania. I sent money to him then in UK - I need to check if he got it before he travelled back to Nigeria. The idea was that he would give it to Chief - but then Yomi was ill and had other problems and the meeting with Chief did not happen. I have only recently heard this from Chief.

        Chief and I used to chat regularly but not so much recently. I think he is finding it more difficult to get online. He told me the power supply in Ibadan has been very bad recently. It was off for five days just before our last yahoo chat. When he did go to the cyber cafe he found it had closed down. I guess it is harder to make a profit if you have to run the generator and charge higher prices. Also of course the managers often cannot afford to start the generators unless they have plenty of customers ready to use the computers. We obviously need the includer to be developed!

        I am happy to hear from you. You are always very welcome to join in discussion here and at the chat room. If there is anything special that you want us to discuss please feel free to start a new discussion here. We are also interested to hear more about the school where you teach, and the realities that you face in coming online.

        Please greet my friends in Ago-Are.

        Pam