What's the right Title for the Muhammad Yunus book discussion?

  • ricardoolpc
    Message 1 of 3 , May 25, 2008

               can I just check the book-title for the June discussion of the book by Muhammad Yunus please?

      In earlier messages, you said it was the book "Creating a World Without Poverty" (the Paperback version is ISBN-10: 1586485792 on Amazon UK),  but people seem to be discussing another title in recent messages "How to change the world", which after doing a book search, doesn't seem to exist.

      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creating-World-Without-Poverty-Muhammad/dp/1586485792/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1211712987&sr=11-1

      Could you tell us all the right book to look at please?

      Ricardo

      Message 2 of 3 , May 25, 2008
        Ricardo

        The book I am asking people to discuss at the June meeting  is indeed "Creating a World Without Poverty" by
        Muhammad Yunus. NB - people who are interested in the issues but have not had the opportunity to read the book are all warmly invited to the chat. The objective is to share the ideas widely.

        There is in fact another interesting book called "How to Change the World - Social Entrepreneurs and the Power of New Ideas" by David Bornstein.  I was given a free copy by Social Edge, just before one of my trips to Nigeria, and I thought it was so useful that I bought three more copies so I could give them to  David Mutua, John Dada and Chief Adejumo. I would encourage people to read that as well if the opportunity presents itself - but it is the Yunus book that we are looking at for now.

        BTW - Another book by David Bornstein is "The Price of a Dream: The Story of the Grameen Bank" (which is the start of the Mohammed Yunus story)

        Pam

        2008/5/25 ricardoolpc <ricardoolpc@...>:

        Pam
                 can I just check the book-title for the June discussion of the book by please?

        In earlier messages, you said it was the book  (the Paperback version is ISBN-10: 1586485792 on Amazon UK),  but people seem to be discussing another title in recent messages "How to change the world", which after doing a book search, doesn't seem to exist.

        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2008

          Hi Pam
                thanks for clarifying that. I posted the message because there are messages in Mendenyo group with titles like "Mohamed Yunus Book "How to change the world", when he didn't write a book of that title.

          Anyway, I bought myself a copy of the right book, "Creating a World Without Poverty" by Muhammad Yunus a few weeks ago from Amazon UK. I've just got to find time to finish it now.

          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creating-World-Without-Poverty-Muhammad/dp/1586485792/ref=sr_11_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1211712987&sr=11-1

          I see there are audio-CD and MP3 CD audio-book versions too. It's 10 hours long, but easier than reading!

          http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creating-World-Without-Poverty-Transform/dp/1433208369/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1211732184&sr=8-2

          It's a pity there's no downloadable PDF eBook version that people could buy online to get it to Africa quickly.

          Bye for now.

          Ricardo