From: Jacques L. Hamel

    Message 1 of 1 , May 23, 2008
      Hi Jacques and everyone

      As most of you will know, the first time someone writes to Minciu Sodas
      their email is checked by Andrius or me before it is published.
      If it is something inappropriate (such as an advertisement) we reject it.
      The post from Jacques was too long (six pages) for me to read and decide
      about appropriateness,so I have simply published the start of it below,
      with a link to further information. I hope there will be a summary there.

      Pam

      From: Jacques L. Hamel
      http://jachamel.googlepages.com

      Dear All,

      Some members of the group may be interested in this posting (6 pages)
      on a strategy - a strategy of `Subversive Rationalization' - for
      pulling Africa toward some form of distinctive modernity. Any comment?

      "The world we have created is the product of our thinking. It cannot
      be changed without changing our thinking" Albert Einstein

      "Science is a way of thinking much more than a body of knowledge"
      Carl Sagan

      The objective of this posting is to share ideas on a strategy - a
      STRATEGY OF SUBVERSIVE RATIONALIZATION - for uncovering modernity in
      Africa. The strategy emphasizes the internalization of the scientific
      method and rational modes of thinking as well as the assimilation of
      key scientific knowledge, as the epistemological foundation of any
      kind of modernity. It also stresses the necessity of renovating
      conformist, traditionalist or totalizing belief and knowledge
      systems, worldviews and cultures, that stand in the way to essential
      changes on the road to modernity - a mega-project of autonomization,
      individuation, rationalization, demystification and feminization
      processes (less patriarchal forms). Modernity is also a project of
      democratization, liberalization, secularization, trans-
      nationalization, systematization, technocratization and humanization
      processes.

      (remainder of the text has been edited out - Pam)

      Details regarding the strategy can be found in a draft website -
      http://jachamel.googlepages.com - (600 pages).