Re: Northern and Eastern Uganda Development Alliance working Conference

  • fdkayiwa
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16, 2008
      Thats good news Pam Of course you wil be our ears
      I hope you will have many people to join us.
      let me know your timetable could we meet i stay in kampala
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2008
        Oops - I should have emphasised that the conference is in London - it is just a free one-day local event for me. I don't go to conferences in other countries. This is because I am not an academic, so I don't get sent to such conferences as part of my day job. Also I live in the UK so I do not get included in all the special invitations and bursaries and things offered to people who live in  "developing countries".  (For example, although I have done pracical projects related to ICT4Ed&D in Africa I have never been ot one of those big annual e-learning conferences in Africa. I was at Andrius' conference because, amazingly, he had funding to was cover my fare and I did not have to pay a conference fee.)

        I have to do my learning and networking online and locally, not at face-to-face conferences. That does not bother me. Given my interest is in ICT enabled learning it is appropriate that I have to work so much through the Internet instead of traveling to face-to-face conferences.

        Who know - perhaps one day I will get the opportunity to visit Uganda and to meet my online friends there face-to-face. Meanwhile, thank you for your advance welcome - and please remember that the more I know about your interests the better I will be able to be your eyes, ears, and mouth when I meet people in London who are interested in Uganda.

        Pam