Thursday May 1st in the chat room.

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 28, 2008
      Hi Kennedy, Andrius and Everyone,

      Sorry I have not been online as much as usual recently.  Thursday 1st May is the next "first Thursday of the month" when we meet in the chat room (http://www.worknets.org/chat/base/) . I have forgotten what time suits people best - was it 3pm or 4pm Kenyan time?

      It is our first "First Thursday" since I came home from Vilnius and the 10th anniversary of Minciu Sodas.

      I would like to explore how we can move forward in LearningFromEachOther in the years to come. I am interested in how we can bring things together to move forwards our strategies for learning. We have the great online facilities and networks set up by Andrius within Minciu Sodas, with all the related ideas and knowledge of people within Minciu Sodas. We  have other networks - beyond the normal boundaries of the Internet - as demonstrated by the amazing networking of the Pyramid of Peace. How can we use this to learn together and help others to learn? What do we need to learn in order to fight injustice and poverty? What practical projects can we put in place?

      I hope that we can make a practical start through launching our book club discussion group based on the Muhammed Yunus book Creating a World Without Poverty - six copies of which are now in Kenya, (via me to Kennedy, in Vilnius, thanks to Chris Macrae).

      Ken if you are able to come to the chat room maybe we could make some plans about the Yunus books I gave you in Vilnius and the related book club to discuss his Ideas.

      Andrius - I don't know how Thursday will fit with you travels - but it would be interesting to have your feed back on the  book too.

      If anyone else is interested in joining the book club, we must explore how a copy of the book could be carried from UK to other countries, because I may be able to get more copies from Chris Macrae's contacts in London.