Vilnius COMMUNIA workshop papers

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2008
      Thank you to all participants of our COMMUNIA workshop in Vilnius,
      Lithuania on March, 31, 2008.

      I have put up the workshop papers at our Ethical Public Domain website:
      http://ethicalpublicdomain.ning.com/forum/topic/show?id=2028014%3ATopic%3A2493
      We have also started putting up video:
      http://www.internetinetv.lt/Naujienos/Jaunimotema/
      and we will put up more sessions.

      And we welcome further comments. And further debates! I am interested
      to continue online with old and new topics. If there is interest, I
      think we could find a way to organize more such debates in Lithuania or
      elsewhere in the world, perhaps in COMMUNIA, but not necessarily.
      Perhaps the format could catch on, in general.

      I also appreciate general thoughts about the workshop and the various
      topics.

      Thank you!

      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2008
        Brief response.

        I liked the debate format - especially in the first session when it was tightly timed.
        Having the tickets was an interesting idea too - but a bit confusing at first.

        It was all thought provoking.

        Obviously, as it was a first go there are  organisational details that could be tightened up for another time (examples that spring first to mind are a list of delegates, and a timetable on display outside the session room) but in general it was a refreshing and stimulating approach.

        It was also an ambitious link across various cultures. Afterwards I realised that I had failed to take advantage of the opportunity to meet the COMMINIA workshop people who were "outside Misnciu Sodas". I am not sure how that happened - I guess I was too concerned to meet people I already knew (or e-knew) and to meet Andrius' Lithuanian people.

        I regret that lost opportunity, but don't quite know how it might have been easier.

        Perhaps more definite breaks for coffee and lunch would have aided informal networking - but then the programme was very tight, and interesting, there was a lot to fit in. It is always hard to choose how to  structure such things.

        Pam

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 12, 2008
          Pamela, Thank you very much for your feedback, which I share with
          COMMUNIA and also some of our lab's lists. Andrius