Re: [learningfromeachother] Re: A Holistic/Helping Vision Statement: We Are All POP Creators and Responsible for It//my view of the way forward

  • Benoit Couture
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2008
      Salut Andrius, Janet, Pam, Charles and all,

      When thinking of independent thinkers, I ask myself:

      "Where and how do Sovereignty and Independent Thinkers connect into mutual completion?"

      Usually, Sovereignty is used at the level of Monarchies and/or Nation-States, but ultimately,  I bring sovereignty at the personal and communal level by defining it with:

      "Soveriegnty is the ability to make decisions in serene maturity and the capacity to implement these decisions with complete wisdom and responsability".

      Based on that definition, I hope to see the emergence of remedies that can be used globally, such as the Recovery Road from self-destruction to self-control and community self-government and The Faculty of Living where can be assembled all human experiences, knowledge, sciences and faculties into forming the common denominator of all
      human expressions of sovereignty.

      To go along with that definition, as an independent thinker who seeks out the Sovereign framework, I wrote:

      "The nature of collectivist says: "It takes the village to raise a child". The nature of individualist says: "Who am I? I need to know!" The nature of knowledge says: "The culture of interdependence in serenity is the health of mutuality between the village and who we each are!"

      "Currently, we are at a junction of history when the incompatibilities of the past collectivist ruling units, such as the various war machines and their specific contexts, are resisting the individualism that has taken on a corporate shape, and goes on acting as individuals, competing for survival in an unsustainable village. For both, the individual and the village, the genuine paradigm shift comes from discovering the passage from competing to completing, just like the village needs to do with great dedication when the child becomes a teen, in making room for the teen's deployment in the community."

      "Failing to do so keeps the teen from getting to know who she/he is, therefore keeping her/him to take her/his place in the smooth running of the village. Our Western modern society is made of several generations in which the villages have been built to satisfy corporate individualism, supporting competition and forgetting about completion. As a result, the corporate agenda finds itself having to re-invent the wheel of life with artificial intelligence, leaving behind the cultivation needed for the village and the individual's continuity into maturing."

      "The vacuum that this is creating is digging a groove which will collapse under the weight of indifference and ignorance merging in reply to injustice, as we see throughout human history. When the collapse becomes inevitable, all the war machines will be forced to merge into the corporate agenda, putting in place the artificial mechanisms to keep the masses of villages from interfering with the powers that be, who never had time to adjust to the assembling of going from competing to completing, but who suddenly, will have to behave according to the teens' uprise against the village."

      "Instead of witnessing the beauty of a paradigm shift in serenity, the entity of terror-anti-terror is moving globalization with the forces of extreme tensions, which forces the governance of paradox rule upon humanity. The village and the teens have to learn quickly how to fill the vacuum caused from all that's been denied by the race to get to the top by competing, as opposed to completing.  While learning quickly, we must be careful to avoid being hurried by the tyrrany of urgency, so as to defeat the stress of extreme tensions.

      "My prayer and hope for Minciu Sodas and the culture of independent thinkers is to see the Web 2.0 to serve the coming of Web 3.0 in the release of serenity between the village and the child, where the freedom of thinking independently can be cultivated within the sovereignty of dignity and of sanctity of the spirit, soul and body ...amen to God's Yes in us all...
      ...may all blessings be with us all...
      Benoît Couture

      Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:
      Charles, Thank you for your wonderful reply. I will give heart to your
      directions. Pamela, Thank you for your letter!

      Janet, Thank you for your letter, your care, your vision and your
      leadership.

      I have taken full responsibility for the Pyramid of Peace - which
      includes life and death decisions - so that others might not have to.
      My stand is inclusive rather than exclusive. I welcome others who wish
      to take full responsibility. There are very few people who wish to take
      responsibility beyond their own person, interests, location, tribe,
      group and I have acknowledged Dennis, Kennedy, Rachel as consistently
      exercising such responsibility. Taking full responsibility means the
      ability to command oneself, and consequently, to take commands and to
      give commands, by applying one's authority rather than one's power, so
      that each participant is truly free.

      Kennedy, Thank you for your letter. I clarify that Minciu Sodas is a
      registered business and I have no plans to organize Pyramid of Peace in
      any formal way, as an enterprise or organization or otherwise.

      Kenneth, What is your dissatisfaction?

      Janet, I wish to separate our two projects, the consensus structure and
      command structure. I myself don't want to participate in a consensus
      structure at this time, except to be supportive as I would with any
      project undertaken by independent thinkers at our Minciu Sodas
      laboratory. I hear the words but I haven't yet tasted the fruit.

      With every letter I have brought out the contributions of hundreds of
      people who have participated and I have also made them available by
      sharing their phone numbers. I have not had purpose to highlight my own
      role because my goal is to include others. However, in my
      understanding, I am the one who has pulled together the Pyramid of Peace
      so that it is more than the sum of its parts. I have:
      * organized the online environment Minciu Sodas
      * proposed the emergency response network
      * January 2, 2:00 am: proposed a leader - and when this was not
      sufficient - promptly took responsibility as the leader
      * January 2, 11:00 am: set the initiative in motion by sending money and
      instructions to Uganda and Tanzania during the media blackout
      * January 2: expanded the scope beyond our acquaintances by reaching out
      to help and include those in greater need, such as Muyela and Amos Obwanga
      * January 2: organized the creation of wiki pages and a team of online
      assistants at our chat room (thank you to Sasha Mrkailo and all who helped)
      * January 2: collected and distributed the money that represented a
      group effort (and personally donated or raised about half of that money,
      being the giver of first and last resort for strategic projects)
      * January 4: organized with Sasha the comments to bloggers which led
      them to highlight the work of Dennis and REPACTED and Kennedy and Nafsi
      Afrika and their pyramids, we're responsible for about 75% of the links
      to our work and the Pyramid of Peace.
      * January 5, 6:00 am: identified Dennis in Nakuru as the person who was
      able to receive money
      * January 5, 6:00 am: in conversation with Dennis, and in response to
      Jackton's family's plight, designed the distribution mechanism of 1)
      sending money to Dennis 2) so he could buy phone credits 3) so he could
      send them to Jackton 4) so Jackton could trade them for food.
      * January 6, 4:00 am: created a wiki page and encouraged the collection
      and posting of phone numbers of people who we reach out to.
      * January 6, 4:00 am: identified the need to reach out to the Kalenjin
      to avert hunger and genocide by freeing the roads so that food can travel
      * January 6: dedicated and sent thousands of dollars, made contact with
      Wesley Chirchir Chebii and other Kalenjins through Kennedy's and
      Dennis's networks, outlined the strategy of "love your enemy", the
      principle of fighting peacefully, distributing the airtime as wide and
      small as possible to embrace enemies, and requiring that phone numbers
      be collected and posted publicly.
      * January 9: I introduced the name "Pyramid of Peace" to refer to "our
      system for halting genocide". I shared a plan for our long term work in
      Kenya and the importance of not restricting ourselves to Kenya, but to
      be responding to genocide around the world
      * January 10: I purchased the domain www.pyramidofpeace. net
      My letters are at http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/holistiche lping/

      I did this with no support from any "consensus" but rather I showed what
      is possible by a single person taking action. I worked with people who
      knew me, but also with total strangers. I included dozens of people who
      were at a loss of what to do. Many people outside and inside our
      laboratory were frustrated that "there is nothing we can do!"

      I have created a system where hundreds of people were able to take
      action that they dreamed of without having to get my permission, or
      anybody else's, but simply following some basic principles of working
      publicly and embracing enemies. We are blessed with inspiring accounts
      that will someday make for an epic poem. I worked to make sure that we
      took many small risks, but avoided big ones. I made sure that our
      investments gave rise to a lasting structure, and I identified the
      leaders who lived by principles that we could invest in. I actively
      consulted with our leaders and formulated the plans for all of our major
      strategic operations. In particular, I convinced Rachel, over her
      objections, that it was indeed possible to send peacemakers to Naivasha
      to open the roads - so long as they were Kikuyus - and asked her to lead
      the team, which led to our great victory, for which I gave Rachel and
      her team great credit - they achieved with wonderful creativity more
      than I could even imagine - yet clearly they would not have gone at all
      without my leadership. Given the opportunity, and the support and
      encouragement from our leaders in Kenya, I have formalized the command
      structure so that we could continue in this way until today.

      I write this to make clear the way that I have enjoyed participating,
      without restriction and without consensus. I am happy to live in a
      world where there are many many command structures and they overlap and
      support each other. I don't have the interest or energy to work towards
      consensus.

      I have many other concerns now... but at this time, given our
      differences, I will focus on organizing a clear command structure so
      that there is no doubt about my authority or those leaders who
      participate with me. I see some value in a consensus structure, but for
      me that is secondary, and I wish to care about that later, and I
      encourage those who provide leadership for the consensus structure to do
      so.

      I think that I have invested enormously in the use of the words "Pyramid
      of Peace". Indeed, Janet, you have mentioned that it's not the name you
      would choose. I am willing to let go of that name and move on with a
      new name. I have encouraged us to support all of our organizations,
      Rachel Wambui Kungu's Voluntary Youth Philanthropists being a key one
      now, and also Dennis Kimambo and REPACTED and Kennedy Owino and Nafsi
      Afrika Acrobats, rather than build a new legal entity. Janet, you are
      active in ActALIVE, KAIPPG, Global Youth Coalition on HIV/AIDS. I have
      encouraged us all to make best use of the name Pyramid of Peace. I
      doubt the integrity of people who wish to "own" the name Pyramid of
      Peace counter to my vision and leadership these last three months. I
      would rather abandon the name and move on rather than invest myself in
      them. I would prefer, though, that we not pervert that network as an
      "organization" but rather let it be a part of our history. I think more
      fair would be to honor my vision and my service and grant me use of that
      name as regards our "system of averting genocide". Janet, I esteem your
      contribution and you are the person I look to regarding to what solution
      you would prefer regarding the use of the name.

      As for the command structure, I will probably start from scratch, so
      there is no question of consensus. I want to focus my work with people
      who wish to command themselves so they might feel free to freely take
      and freely give commands - the command to love - as circumstances
      warrant. I want to grow and I want to help others grow. I am delighted
      at all the growth I have experienced in all of us and myself as well in
      our peacemaking.

      http://www.ms. lt
      ms@...
      +370 699 30003

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • fdkayiwa
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 10, 2008
        --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, Benoit Couture
        <benoitctr@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > which encompasses the diversity of each and all parts of the whole.
        > >
        > > This may seem to have taken us pretty far afield of our POP
        > > discussion, but in truth how we define, view, and envision our
        > > individual and collective work on this project does relate to how we
        > > view ourselves and others as individuals and as a group, which itself
        > > links to how we view the world, let alone any transcendence of it, or
        > > life/"being" beyond it.
        > >
        > > This would make for a fascinating and highly pertinent exploration,
        > > both as individuals and as a group, which would bring the questions
        > > Andrius would like us to ask into our discussions, and hopefully also
        > > some answers (which may and probably will, over a course of time,
        > > change and develop, and bring with that more questions).
        > >
        > > I will close on that note, with love and greatest blessings to

      • fdkayiwa
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 10, 2008
          -Thank you all,
          For the Vision Statement Of the POP
          it has been very hard for me to understand it but am happy i can now
          Understand what it is though have not much to talk about it
        • fdkayiwa
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 10, 2008
            The interest and vision that BGA has for computer literacy motivated
            me and i decided to join them as volunteering there
            and do the internet teaching
            Its not so easy for me but with your help i will have to mature
            we need help of course for computers now and other tools equipments to
            proceed.

            I will be glad to answer all your questions

            Kayiwa Fred
          • Samwel Kongere
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 10, 2008
              Hi Fred, Did you get my text message introducing caroline Atieno Okelo who is travelling to kampala. Samwel.

              http://mail.yahoo.com