Possible My Food Story contirbuter perhaps.

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21 4:53 AM
      Andrius.

      I have often come across the writer below on Social Edge. Looking at the
      second paragraph below I wonder if he might be worth approaching about
      the FoodStory porject..

      Message #22 <http://www.socialedge.org/?13@@.3c4a760c/21>: A Case study
      Posted by surya prakash.Vinjamuri on 08:52pm Nov 20, 2006 PST
      Life-Health Reinforcement Group

      Kim & Friends,

      I like to share about my work & the situation I live in -

      /* "Couple aspiring to become pregnant are coming to our clinic > their
      wish is being heard and they are blessed with a child > child grows and
      some reason gets deviated and lands in a situation where in there is
      nobody to take care > with power bestowed on us in implementation of
      Child Care & Protection Act we are able to take care of them and give
      them direction > Meanwhile whoever comes for clinical help we are able
      to guide them and treat them, at times save lives > As women moves into
      her menopause we are able to back them up and improve their quality of
      life > People who are aged and who are residing in our area are
      personally taken care and we are able to meet their basic needs.*/

      /*While all the above situations and interventions are going on, one
      thing which is standing out is our approach to food -- from production
      i.e. from protecting farmers who produce food to attending to people who
      are hungry (which is done through open house) is what we are able to do.

      All these activities are carried out with thorough reflection on Life,
      which is done under banner - Life-Dialogue"
      */
      With rapid urbanisation in villages & cities - process lost its space,
      where in service is understood as responding to demands - with sort of
      population explosion & inadequate public infrastructure & increase in,
      for profit private sector - service with a process based appoach has
      less space for understanding.

      The expectation from the society is mostly to responding to their
      medical demands rather than understanding /" how they could play major
      role in preventing themselves from situations of deviance of physical
      health, mental trauma & indebtedness". /

      Friends what I like to submit here is that, most of my work doesnt fall
      under any 'fundable category/ies'. As I see unless they understand
      interconnectedness of my various activities, it is unethical for me to ask.

      Friends, I see their is need to have dialogue on this & I see our work
      is a good case study for the people who thread a " road less travelled"
      & help how we can /ask, /to move forward.

      -surya.
    • ms@auste.elnet.lt
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21 7:31 AM
        Dear Surya Prakash Vinjamuri,

        I am glad to have learned of you through Pamela McLean. I lead the Minciu
        Sodas laboratory http://www.ms.lt for serving and organizing independent
        thinkers around the world. Currently, we are working for Greg Wolff of
        UnaMesa Association to start http://www.myfoodstory.com, "a wikipedia for the
        world's food supply chain". I note your work "To Protect Life & Promote
        Health". Perhaps you would be interested to participate? We have some
        modest funding for six teams and we might possibly have one for India. We're
        interested, for example, in the work of Stan Thekaekera and his colleagues on
        community-to-community barter at http://www.justchangeindia.org I invite
        you to join our working group at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/socialagriculture/ please send a blank message

        Thank you for your important work for India and all of our world!

        Data , "Pamela McLean" <pam@...> Rašyta:
        >Andrius.
        >
        >I have often come across the writer below on Social Edge. Looking at the
        >second paragraph below I wonder if he might be worth approaching about
        >the FoodStory porject..
        >
        >Message #22 <http://www.socialedge.org/?13@@.3c4a760c/21>: A Case study
        >Posted by surya prakash.Vinjamuri on 08:52pm Nov 20, 2006 PST
        >Life-Health Reinforcement Group
        >
        >Kim & Friends,
        >
        >I like to share about my work & the situation I live in -
        >
        >/* "Couple aspiring to become pregnant are coming to our clinic > their
        >wish is being heard and they are blessed with a child > child grows and
        >some reason gets deviated and lands in a situation where in there is
        >nobody to take care > with power bestowed on us in implementation of
        >Child Care & Protection Act we are able to take care of them and give
        >them direction > Meanwhile whoever comes for clinical help we are able
        >to guide them and treat them, at times save lives > As women moves into
        >her menopause we are able to back them up and improve their quality of
        >life > People who are aged and who are residing in our area are
        >personally taken care and we are able to meet their basic needs.*/
        >
        >/*While all the above situations and interventions are going on, one
        >thing which is standing out is our approach to food -- from production
        >i.e. from protecting farmers who produce food to attending to people who
        >are hungry (which is done through open house) is what we are able to do.
        >
        >All these activities are carried out with thorough reflection on Life,
        >which is done under banner - Life-Dialogue"
        >*/
        >With rapid urbanisation in villages & cities - process lost its space,
        >where in service is understood as responding to demands - with sort of
        >population explosion & inadequate public infrastructure & increase in,
        >for profit private sector - service with a process based appoach has
        >less space for understanding.
        >
        >The expectation from the society is mostly to responding to their
        >medical demands rather than understanding /" how they could play major
        >role in preventing themselves from situations of deviance of physical
        >health, mental trauma & indebtedness". /
        >
        >Friends what I like to submit here is that, most of my work doesnt fall
        >under any 'fundable category/ies'. As I see unless they understand
        >interconnectedness of my various activities, it is unethical for me to ask.
        >
        >Friends, I see their is need to have dialogue on this & I see our work
        >is a good case study for the people who thread a " road less travelled"
        >& help how we can /ask, /to move forward.
        >
        >-surya.
        >

        >Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless
        it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be
        kind to our authors!