Re: [holistichelping] Re: [learningfromeachother] Infrastructure Issues: Ideas to Initiatives (Maria Agnese, Ricardo, All)

  • David mutua
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 24, 2008
      Dear Pam,

      I very much appreciate your response on shared interests, please advise when you are available that we share our plans and see what fits in each other's.

      About the office in the hse, i don't know if i can hold it any longer because i cant afford it at the moment as i explained last month, my land lady is given me a warning to move out if i wont be able to pay for the next months, i really wish i could do something coz the place and accommodation is ideal and convenient when in Nairobi, very near Kibera, city center, Kawangware (where Ken stays), a bit quite from city hassles and no problem with transport or shopping.

      Krishna wrote me last week, they are working hard in securing us sponsorship for the PCF5 in London, lets keep our fingers crossed.

      Regards,

      David Mutua

      Pamela McLean <pam54321@...> wrote:
      David

      Just a quick  public acknowledgement that we have a lot of shared interests regarding ICT and implementation in rural communities, and it would be good to find ways to help each other move things forward.

      Also, from my experience of staying at your flat, and the work I did there, and the way we met there with Sam and Ken, I think the idea of renting your living room as an office has a lot to recommend it.

      I can't do anything new about TT follow up until I get back from Lithuania. TT is back in my mind because,  before I travel, I have to prepare my paper for PCF5 (Pan Commonwealth Forum - organised by COL and Univerisy of London) l. We don't know if we will get sponsorship to attend. If we do attend that  might provide some useful opportunities for future collaboration. We will discuss it further, off list, when I get back. We will be drawing the present COL TT Kenya project to a conclusion anyhow, so it will be a good time to review things and look forward.

      Pam

      On 21/03/2008, David mutua <davenzainga@ yahoo.com> wrote:
      Dear Janet, Maria, Ricardo and All,
      I really appreciate that the infrastructure idea is coming up and discussed, well done guys, count me in! I think we are over due and propose that we share our interests and focus like Ricardo. May be the M S Lab list of interests can be a guide and others can volunteer to activities they believe can support other groups.

      My interests are ICT4D and Volunteering - this applies across many activities, the main activities will be research on ICT's and implementation in rural communities facilitating different community needs, resource mobilisation and fundarising, developing volunteering programmes or activities and building networks and collaborations.

      With kind regards,

      David Mutua

      Janet Feldman <kaippg@earthlink. net> wrote:
      Dear Maria Agnese, Ricardo, All,

      I enthusiastically endorse these ideas of yours, Maria Agnese :)))!  And I will ask you and anyone who has ideas:  how do you see us going about these new collaborations, obtaining skills, and improving capacity-building?  Can we develop some goals, some plans for getting there, and some ideas about who will work on what tasks?

      Do we start by organizing around some individuals and/or individual groups, or the subject matters (ie ICTs, income-generation, agriculture. ..understanding that these are interlinked too), or tasks (ie grants, research, mobilization of resources).  Some or a lot of what we do for one can be applied to other approaches as well (ie we could say: "let's help Actwid Kongadzem with ICTs capacity-building, focusing on income-generation, via grantwriting and outreach to orgs re resources... and what we learn we can apply to Uyoga, Udogo, Deaf Impact Ministry, etc").

      Thanks much for all thinking and acting which applies to the task at hand. And happiest Spring, Easter, and natural regeneration! Love and blessings, Janet