Re: [learningfromeachother] Introducing Davdi Mutua, Samuel Kongere, and Andrius Kulikauskas

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
      Hi Andrius and Samwel

      First I need to clarify my introduction - as we have two Davids in
      Cawdnet - and I think Andrius you are combining them into one ;-)

      Pastor David is the present manager of the InfoCentre at Ago-Are - which
      was originally set up by David Mutua when he was with VSO (Voluntary
      Service Overseas) in Nigeria. Pastor David is Nigerian. David Mutua is
      Kenyan. When you and I Skyped last week David Mutua was the David I had
      been yahoo chatting with previously. (Pastor David dropped by yesterday
      for a yahoo chat.) It is Pastor David who needs help to take photos. I
      think David M still has a camera, and phone - but PD has neither..

      It is David Mutua who much prefers chatting to sending emails. He finds,
      during precious (and often interrupted) online time, that running
      several simultaneous yahoo chats works better for him than waiting for
      individual emails to slowly download.and be replied to. I try to fit
      with what suits people best.

      samuel kongere wrote:

      > ... happy to inform you that I know David Mutua very well. He is
      > kenyan and we met with him at the Africe source II event in Uganda.
      > Meeting him is plesasure, he is talkative lively and understanding. I
      > don't know whether he is going back to Nigeria or not.

      Samwel

      That is great news that you and David already know each other. I love
      your description of him. How close are you two geographically? The
      village where he is starting his work is not terribly far from Nairobi
      -but. I'm not sure which direction.

      You can expect to see him in Kenya for some time. I will leave him to
      explain the situation ref staying in Kenya/returning to Nigeria.. He is
      hoping to set up a new centre (then network of centres) in Kenya -
      building on our previous experiences with Oke-Ogun Community Development
      Network and Fantsuam Foundation.

      (I am copying to David M)