Introducing Davdi Mutua, Samuel Kongere, and Andrius Kulikauskas

  • ms@auste.elnet.lt
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 18, 2006
      Pamela, Thank you for introducing us to David Matua in Nairobi! I share your
      letter. (I also use BCC - blind carbon copy - to share a copy with David
      without exposing his email address). David, yes, I encourage you to join
      Pamela's working group by sending a blank message to
      learningfromeachother-subscribe@yahoogroups.com You can always unsubscribe
      similarly. You need not read all the letters, but it is a way for us to be
      together, and we're especially glad if you write, that is most important.
      We're also exploring other channels - such as a chat channel - as Pamela is
      recommending.

      David, in organizing "independent thinkers", I ask us two questions:
      - What is your deepest value in life, that includes all your other values?
      - What is a question that you don't know the answer to, but intend to
      answer?
      These questions help us understand you, love you, support you, hold you
      accountable, have you as our leader, grow with you.

      I look forward to learning more about you!

      +370 (699) 30003
      Jerusalem
      ------------------------------

      David, Samwel and Andrius - I think you should know each other.

      Andrius - I know that usually when I write to you you are free to share all
      the contents of my emails. For a reason mentioned far below please do not
      share David's contact details without his permission..

      David - Sorry for such a long email ;-)

      David - you are the "newcomer" Samwel and Andrius already work together..

      Samwel - I am writing now because you say "...As I am on transit through
      Nairobi.." and David is currently in Nairobi.

      Samwel and Andrius - David and I have known each other for many years -
      initially when he came to Nigeria to work on a community project that I was
      involved with. He has recently returned home to Kenya and is working on a new
      community project there. ( I am supporting him in whatever way I can.) I will
      leave him to supply the details of what he is trying to do.

      David - I will leave Samuel to introduce himself.-and to clarify if the
      torrent spelling is "Samwel" as in his signature or "Samuel" as in his email
      address ;-) You will get a flavour of his interests from the email below this
      one. The Andrius he refer to is the same Andrius I have told you about. The
      Janet is Janet Feldman - I have introduced you and Janet. The Food Stories
      are something I intend to tell you about. The holistichelping@yahoogroups.com
      is a group that Andrius set up for Janet, just as he set up
      learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com for me.

      David - Andrius has various such groups - each centred on the interests of
      someone he defines as an "independent thinker". He manages the groups and
      their areas of overlap in various ways. Andrius encourages everyone to think
      and write very openly, and to share their ideas. I have enthusiastically
      mentioned Andrius to you several times in the past and tried to give you an
      idea of who he is and what he is interested in. Perhaps this explanation will
      help you to start to know some of his interests. As I see it, through his
      groups, he is exploring various way that technology can help us to order and
      share our ideas - and how people with similar interests can best "find" each
      other. He explores ways to analyse what we are writing about so that similar
      ideas surface and the "appropriate" people start to cluster together.. Of
      course he has his own idea and interests too as an "independent thinker" -
      but he is much better at explaining those than I am.

      David - Andrius has suggested that I should encourage you and others I work
      with at FF and OCDN etc to join one or more of his groups - but I am
      concerned that the level of correspondence may be more than you would all
      want though your mailboxes. I have been meaning to ask you about it.

      Andrius - If you get to know David you may well decide that he is another
      "independent thinker". However I can't comment on David's present and future
      access to the Internet and his potential relationship with communities of
      interest on the Internet.

      Samwel and David - I hope you do manage to meet up soon - I believe you would
      help and encourage each other and maybe find useful areas of practical
      collaboration.

      Pam
    • samuel kongere
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
        Dear Pamela,

        I am happy with your introduction and happy to inform you that I know David Mutua very well. He is kenyan and we met with him at the Africe source II event in Uganda. Meeting him is plesasure, he is talkative lively and understanding. I don't know whether he is going back to Nigeria or not.

        I have his contacts and tell him to ring me up on +254 725 600 439 while in kenya. My name is Samwel not 'samuel'

        Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be kind to our authors!
        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        mailto:learningfromeachother-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:learningfromeachother-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        Samwel Okech kongere
        Nyamuga primary school
        P.O BOX 191,
        MBITA  040305-KENYA.
        Cell: +254 725 600 439
        FOSS ADMIRER
        Community Development

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 19, 2006
          Hi Andrius and Samwel

          First I need to clarify my introduction - as we have two Davids in
          Cawdnet - and I think Andrius you are combining them into one ;-)

          Pastor David is the present manager of the InfoCentre at Ago-Are - which
          was originally set up by David Mutua when he was with VSO (Voluntary
          Service Overseas) in Nigeria. Pastor David is Nigerian. David Mutua is
          Kenyan. When you and I Skyped last week David Mutua was the David I had
          been yahoo chatting with previously. (Pastor David dropped by yesterday
          for a yahoo chat.) It is Pastor David who needs help to take photos. I
          think David M still has a camera, and phone - but PD has neither..

          It is David Mutua who much prefers chatting to sending emails. He finds,
          during precious (and often interrupted) online time, that running
          several simultaneous yahoo chats works better for him than waiting for
          individual emails to slowly download.and be replied to. I try to fit
          with what suits people best.

          samuel kongere wrote:

          > ... happy to inform you that I know David Mutua very well. He is
          > kenyan and we met with him at the Africe source II event in Uganda.
          > Meeting him is plesasure, he is talkative lively and understanding. I
          > don't know whether he is going back to Nigeria or not.

          Samwel

          That is great news that you and David already know each other. I love
          your description of him. How close are you two geographically? The
          village where he is starting his work is not terribly far from Nairobi
          -but. I'm not sure which direction.

          You can expect to see him in Kenya for some time. I will leave him to
          explain the situation ref staying in Kenya/returning to Nigeria.. He is
          hoping to set up a new centre (then network of centres) in Kenya -
          building on our previous experiences with Oke-Ogun Community Development
          Network and Fantsuam Foundation.

          (I am copying to David M)