Re: [mendenyo] I apologize! we are unable to get visas

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
      Dear Ken, Rachel. Samwel, Fred, Dennis, and all,
      I'm very frustated  that you don't come and I don't like the naif way we are working. If you, Andrius promised something, you have to be hable to find support of people in Lithuania  to manage visa situation. We are experimenting something that  unfortunately we all have yet used to experiment: the Digital divide and world divide. I'm also disappointed that Kenyans in Kenya  like Ken Owino couldn't contact Kenyans here  who are trying to support and give visibility to PoP action in Kenya.
      Andrius is doing is best but he can't manage everything by himself and so he has to improve in his  managment!
      I hope that Andrius  can at least set up a  video bridge to put us in touch in online conference!
      Maria Agnese

      Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> ha scritto:
      Samwel, Kennedy, Fred, Sasha and all,

      Thank you for trying to get visas.

      Special thank you to Theresa Bakalarz for helping us connect with Sabine
      of the Austrian Embassy. This was our only real chance. We learned
      however that this is not possible.

      Therefore I decide that we should not consume more energy for this.

      However, Kennedy Owino has told me of an opportunity for the acrobats to
      travel to Europe. I can use Minciu Sodas's COMMUNIA money (up to 2,000
      EUR or so) to pay for them to come to Vilnius and/or go from Vilnius
      (for example, by van or plane) for them to perform at the banquet hall
      and meet with us and also perform at the Uzhupis Republic. Uzhupis is a
      name of a neighborhood in Vilnius (like Kibera) with many artists that
      has declared itself independent (in a humorous way). Every April 1 they
      put up border guards and they stamp your passport or your hand and they
      celebrate.

      We have money from COMMUNIA for travel in 2009 and 2010 as well. So we
      will try again each year. Each year I hope the chances become better.
      One day it should be possible for an invitation from anywhere in the
      European Union to be good for entry through anywhere in the European
      Union and be processed at any embassy of the European Union. But not
      currently!

      Sasha, I expect we will have similar difficulties in your case.

      This is a good reminder that we live in an inhuman world where basic
      human rights of travel are curtailed by imaginary walls that truly are
      not relevant to ordinary people. We are being kept in cages. It is a
      form of apartheid.

      I apologize.

      However, we do invite as many people as can to come to Vilnius. We do
      have to spend our COMMUNIA travel budget! which is 4800 EUR per year. I
      will confer with Franz Nahrada and we may try to invite Marcin
      Jakubowski or Jeff Buderer etc. if they are available. They are US
      citizens and don't need a visa for travel, just passports. Do you have
      passports? Or we can invite you later in the year, too, at your
      convenience.

      http://www.ms. lt
      ms@...
      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania

      Samwel Kongere wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > We have just come from the Austrian Embassy and Sabine was unable to
      > grant us Visas due to several reasons. The Embassy can only transact a
      > direct entry through Austria if we are going to Austria not Lithuania.
      >
      > Sabine; therefore adviced us to get an internationally recogonised
      > Authority from Lithuanian Ministry of Foreign Affairs to source for
      > us An Austrian transit visa to Lithuania which is very hard to be
      > processed here in Nairobi, through their Embassy or Otherwise go to
      > Egypt and pick the Visa there with the same Authority, We can get the
      > visa in a shorter time posibble in Cairo, it must be official from
      > Lithuanian Foreign Ministry.
      >
      > She checked on the possibilities and could not see this; because they
      > communicated on phone with Theresa and the Embassy code requires
      > official Authority from the mother country before granting a transit visa.
      >
      > Another Option is to send our details before hand in Egypt or you get
      > this info and enquire about this in Egypt,
      > **
      > *Lithuania Embassy,*
      > *47 Ahmed Heshmat Street
      > Zamalek
      > Cairo
      > Egypt
      > Phone:
      > +20-2-7364329
      > Fax:
      > +20-2-7364326
      > Email:
      > amb.eg@...
      > *
      > You can advice us further as time is running out.
      > Sam
      ------------ --------- --------- ----

      We are having the test of our research for this travel. You Have to try
      and find a proper way out or what do you think?. I have to do some
      adjustments and this is why I am on my way to meet you. Me and Ken are
      on the go and we can set another pace for the rest as before.

      Try your level bel best, we can be allowed to stay in lithuania for 90
      days http://lithuania. visahq.com/ requirements/ Kenya/ but if there is
      haste in your suggestions for flights, this can make it unbelievable
      because we had been preparing for this trip even though; I fallen sick
      before Kenya went into turmoil. I told you earlier that I can stay for 6
      weeks or four depending on resources. We need a visioned soceity not on
      envisioned by greed as it happened here in Kenya.

      I am waiting for your response towards this Visa application issue; and
      if possible we can go to Egypt the two of us and take the visa there or
      why do we go stressing without successes.

      Sam

      ------------ --------- --------- --

      I think I wont be able to participate in Lithuania. I need to get two
      visas and that is a little bit too complicated. I would need to go to
      Bukarest or Budapest and wait there 5 or more days to get a Lithuanian
      visa. That would be too expensive.

      Sasha

      Inviato da Yahoo! Mail.
      La web mail più usata al mondo.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
        Agnese,

        Please be responsible in your letters. You have written several big
        mistakes. Let's correct them:

        * I don't make promises!
        * I gave invitations. I did not say there was 100% chance they could
        get the invitations.
        * I kept it clear, what were the possiblities, good or bad, improving or
        not.
        * I covered all of the costs incurred that I was aware of.
        * I have been working on this for several months.
        * I have tried out all the possibilities that I could think of.
        * I gave up on all the possibilities that proved impossible.
        * My efforts have included conversations with Lithuania's Foreign
        Minister, an 80 minute visit to Lithuania's Foreign Ministry today, a
        lunch with a former Lithuanian ambassador, and I add Theresa's great
        efforts with the Austrian embassy.
        * I have made it very clear now - 21 days before the expected flight -
        that we will not try to have them come.

        Agnese, compare this with how you invited Fred and even until the last
        minute you didn't give up. I think I have a higher standard of
        responsibility. You are losing a lot of credibility with me.

        Agnese, that is a great idea to try to do a video bridge. I think I can
        write that into the COMMUNIA budget. So I ask Kennedy Owino in Nairobi
        to find out how much would it cost to reserve a room with a fast
        Internet connection? And we might be able to provide money for you.

        Agnese, if you want to be a leader, then please say that. Make a plan
        for your own growth as an independent thinker. Lead by your example.
        You can work in any group or start your own. If you don't want to be a
        leader, then please don't make demands. As you know, I prefer that you
        be a leader, which means that you start with yourself. You would be a
        good leader.

        +370 699 30003
        Vilnius, Lithuania

        Maria Agnese Giraudo wrote:
        > Dear Ken, Rachel. Samwel, Fred, Dennis, and all,
        > I'm very frustated that you don't come and I don't like the naif way
        > we are working. If you, Andrius promised something, you have to be
        > hable to find support of people in Lithuania to manage
        > visa situation. We are experimenting something that unfortunately we
        > all have yet used to experiment: the Digital divide and world divide.
        > I'm also disappointed that Kenyans in Kenya like Ken Owino couldn't
        > contact Kenyans here who are trying to support and give visibility to
        > PoP action in Kenya.
        > Andrius is doing is best but he can't manage everything by himself and
        > so he has to improve in his managment!
        > I hope that Andrius can at least set up a video bridge to put us in
        > touch in online conference!
        > Maria Agnese
      • Maria Agnese Giraudo
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 6, 2008
          Dear Andrius, PoP, Fred  and all,
          I don't want go on in personal discussion  with you and I don't like to criticize you. I recognize that you have done a great effort for this reason I think that you needed and needs  to get the support of people around you. I'm really sad for failure to get visa for them  because it was a very important  occasion for PoP and I don't want to speak in behalf of them. Please, find the way that they present themselves.
          No comparison with my personal effort and failurte in getting VISA for Fred!!
          I'm not a leader in MS LAb. I share ideas and information. I have  a great consideration of Kenyans  are collaborating in MSLab  and I  would like to collaborate with them and all to develop more productive realtion between  us and our environment. I hope that  we create  innovative way to bridge our differences and find the way to share our life and affect in deep our societies.
          I'm waiting to meeet all togeter on line , look at you face and hear your voces!

          Maria Agnese Giraudo wrote:
          > Dear Ken, Rachel. Samwel, Fred, Dennis, and all,
          > I'm very frustated that you don't come and I don't like the naif way
          > we are working. If you, Andrius promised something, you have to be
          > hable to find support of people in Lithuania to manage
          > visa situation. We are experimenting something that unfortunately we
          > all have yet used to experiment: the Digital divide and world divide.
          > I'm also disappointed that Kenyans in Kenya like Ken Owino couldn't
          > contact Kenyans here who are trying to support and give visibility to
          > PoP action in Kenya.
          > Andrius is doing is best but he can't manage everything by himself and
          > so he has to improve in his managment!
          > I hope that Andrius can at least set up a video bridge to put us in
          > touch in online conference!
          > Maria Agnese

          Inviato da Yahoo! Mail.
          La web mail più usata al mondo.

        • tom ochuka
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 9, 2008
            Dear BROTHERS ,ANDRIUS AND MARIA,
            well you must now share ppowers..tis is the best
            way..one to get visas one to help fund the trips and
            accomodation.
            Youare all human beings who can be wrong and right..we
            are really..relying on you..if al who werev to travel
            are the deaf then...it fails it will be dificult to
            inetrprete the word fail in sghnlanguage..ohh..next
            time is always with us.
            Things need to be worked out eraly enough.
            1 Passpotrs al ready.
            Letters of INVITATIONS.
            3 fUNDS TO SURPORT ALL.
            4 Taking agroup at atime.
            5 Backup from the hosts aletter from the ...Chief of
            missions etc.
            Wishing you...sucess to apeacefull day.
            TOM OCHUKA.

            Be a better friend, newshound, and