New teams: Pamela and Markus! and Janet?

  • ms@auste.elnet.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2006
      Markus, That's great news that you would like to lead a team for
      http://www.myfoodstory.com Yes, please start up a new working group for
      "meaningful inclusion", your deepest value, there are instructions (where?)
      Also, please think of what related crop and technology you would like to
      focus on. And I look to you for help to reach out in some area in the world,
      such as:
      - Palestine - I will be there for three weeks and can build a team for you,
      olives might be a natural crop
      - German language community
      - India - such as building on tea and community barter
      http://www.justchangeindia.org
      - Perhaps supporting Uwe Christian Plachetka's work with "knowledge
      management" and maize as the Incas did
      But please suggest as would most excite you, and build your own team in that
      spirit, too.

      Pamela, I'm excited that, as we spoke on Thursday, you'll lead a MyFoodStory
      team on "learning from each other", poultry and "multi-bandwidth interfaces"
      which we'll feature in December or January (but will continue regardless).
      As we discussed, we'll look for the best ways of communicating with your team
      in the Nigerian villages. I like your idea of dedicating your money to
      purchase camera phones. We'll build web interfaces to help facilitate the
      sharing of content. Also, I will ask Algis Cibulskis to set up a chat
      channel for us (ARSC A really simple chat) the best location might be
      http://www.myfoodstory.com/chat/ Also, we'll pursue the bird flu and
      pandemic flu angles as much as possible, and I ask Lucas Gonzalez Santa Cruz
      for guidance.

      Janet, we were curious how you might like to help on Pamela's team or perhaps
      lead a separate team? In particular, I am thinking of setting aside a
      community currency drawing on our expected bonus. I would like to set aside
      $3000 of our possible bonus to reward our online community for helping. For
      example, we need to collect 1,800 directory entries and so we could award $1
      each. And then those who earn can use or pool as we did for the chocolate
      project. I'm also interested if we might nurture more overlap between
      Janet's networks (strong in Kenya) and Pamela's networks (strong in Nigeria),
      for example, working with Pastor David who has just moved from Nigeria to
      Nairobi. Janet, I look forward to your wishes when you find time.

      Thank you all for your leadership!

      +370 (699) 30003
      Jerusalem