Re: [holistichelping] Peace (Missing Peace Found)

  • Peter Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2008
      Dear Kennedy and colleagues

      Yes ... I agree with Joy. Thank you, Kennedy, for sharing your
      thoughts on Peace and the Missing Peaces.

      As some of you may know, I am trying to get an article about the
      activities of the Pyramid of Peace initiative into the Episcopal New
      Yorker ... the monthly newspaper of the Diocese of New York. I am not
      sure yet that it will get into print, but I am trying and a draft is
      being edited at this time.

      We are also trying to arrange for ongoing dialog about conflict
      avoidance being organized by the Center for Conflict Dialog in New
      York (CCDNY) to have the recent Kenya events central to the dialog.
      There are so many things that we should learn from this ... and
      especially the importance of including "we the people" ... the
      ordinary people ... in the dialog, and not just the political and
      economic elites.

      Sincerely

      Peter Burgess
      On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:17 AM, Joy Tang <joy@...> wrote:
      > Hi, Kennedy,
      >
      > Thanks for your sharing on PEACE.
      >
      > There are wonderful materials about cultivating peace in the Dalai Lama
      > Foundation site:
      > http://www.dalailamafoundation.org/members/en/index.jsp
      >
      > I think Janet would love the online art exhibition on 'The Missing Peace."
      >
      > Hope you find it helpful. To close, I quoted:
      > "For world peace to happen not only must all wars end but feelings of
      > compassion and mutual respect must be established around the world.'
      > ~ HH the 14th Dalai Lama
      >
      > Joy

      Peter Burgess
      The Transparency and Accountability Network: Tr-Ac-Net in New York
      www.tr-ac-net.org
      IMMC - The Integrated Malaria Management Consortium Inc.
      www.IMMConsortium.org
      The Tr-Ac-Net blogs ... start at http://tracnetagenda.blogspot.com
      917 432 1191 or 212 772 6918 peterbnyc@...