Peace

  • Kennedy Owino
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2008
      Hi All,

      I have been Brainstorm for on how we can restore  an overall state of peace.
      I am sharing with you this, and  hope that more input  here may  help us develop some teaching content.
      I have a feeling that peace must start from within, an individual before being manifested out.
      One can't propagate or perpetuate peace messages or pacify people to embrace peace without him in his/herself being at peace with himself or/and his creator.
      First I am trying to think of problems and solutions in new ways, the more angles we can think of these areas the more creative we can be in creating more peace.

      Problems                      Solutions
      Concerns                      Actions
      Imbalances                   Support
      Challenges                    Contributions
      Issues                           Resolutions
      Areas of Peace
      Spiritual
      Physical
      Mental
      Emotional
      Environmental
      Social
      Political

      Spiritual  Peace
      This is the essence to an overal peaceful co-existance in the entire life.
      One needs to have a connect with his Creator.
      Regular prayers, reading the Bible, Kuran and any spiritual /annointed/philosophical books and seeking of guidance guarantees this.

      Physical Peace; In the absence of physical peace it is not possible to serve others.  The ability to be balanced, happy and pain free in the body is one of the gifts of  exercises/practice.
      One of the keys to this is regularity and starting the day with a moment to connect with ones creator then the body.
      Its  God who gives us physical  ability to carry through the day.
      Overweight;                  Master cleanse, walk after meals, learn to cook for yourself
      Poor circulation            Receive massage, get heart rate up 3 times a week for 20 min
      Low energy                  Change diet to raw vegan for one week, reduce white flour & sugar
      Pain in the body            Exercise, yoga, self massage, acupuncture, chiropractics
      Addiction                     Meditation practice everyday for 1 week

      Mental Peace; In recent history there has been a shift to multitasking.  There is less and less time for people to slow down and clear their mind. The more movements and thoughts that come the less peace of mind is cultivated.  Mental peace will increase as people create time to calm the mind.
      This is my biggest disease that needs a remedy, the prescription i suggest include;
      Busy mind                                daily meditation, start with 5 min
      Lack of concentration               hand eye coordination, physical activities
      Disturbing thoughts                   kind deeds
      Stress                                       take time for yourself, warm bath, read a book, etc

      Emotional Peace; your emotions are your guidance system, if you are feeling positive emotion you are doing what your heart is telling you to do, if you are feeling negative emotion you are not putting your energy where your heart is telling you to.  To be at peace with these emotions, one can recognize that these feelings are here to guide you.  Working actively to follow your bliss and listen to your guidance system can lead you to emotional peace
      Lack of Joy                              create a gratitude list, spend time with animals
      Anger                                       connect to the root of your conflict, create solutions
      Stuck in negative patterns          take a vacation in nature, paint your room an new color

      Environmental Peace:  this peace can include the planet, living space, working space, etc.  Once internal peace is cultivated the next step is to take that to the outside world.  When the environment you are in is balanced and harmonious it supports health and happiness.  In the absence of this harmony people can become ill and have to use there energy to fight the elements vs. being in rhythm with them.
      Pollution, Air, Water, Noise                  Reduce, Recycle, Reuse,
      Clutter, too many things                        Donate things you don¬ít need to once a season
      Preservation of Nature              Buy Green products, Support Organics
      Over consumption of resources Eliminate disposable packaging, silverware
      Lack of connection to the earth Spend more time in nature

      Social Peace; when people do not have enough they are not at peace, when people are fixated on grasping for more they are not at peace.  To cultivate social peace a great start would be supporting the people that can not eat.  From there for those of us lucky enough to have abundance we can spend energy connecting to our neighbors and local community.
      Starvation                                      START A FOOD DRIVE FOR YOUR LOCAL                    COMMUNITY, VOLUNTEER  AT SOUP KITCHEN/FOOD BANK
      Homelessness                           VOLUNTEER AT LOCAL HOMELESS SHELTER TEACHING YOGA TO THEM, HELPING EMPOWER THEM TO GET BACK IN THE WORK FORCE, ECT.
      Equality                              HOLD AN EVENT THAT INCLUDES ALL ETHNICITYS TO COME TOGETHER FOR CHARTY, OR THE COMMUNITY AS A WHOLE.

      Political Peace; if the leaders of the governments are doing what the people want we can have more political peace.  If the people believe that their desires and aspirations can be heard then there will be more connection between the people and their leaders
      Lack of interest from the public                   Creating Community
      Peoples needs not being met                 Creating better communication to the leaders
      De-satisfaction with the electoral procedures, unconstitutional fashions,  Dictatorial regimes, lack of democracy and respect of rights may generate into revolt as seen in Kenya.

      I am learning most of these from my Yogi mentors (Paige and Tara) and from the book Journey to power by Baron Baptiste.
      Can we share shedding more light on this topic.
      Allow your inner peace to grow and glow.

      Ken Owino
      Nafsi Africa Acrobats