RE: Books for Kenyans for youth education in post-conflict areas

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2008
      Dear Ronald and all,
       because of my recent interest in Techical Vocational Education and Training and because I strongly believe that it's an effective way to help young people to  detract them from violence, I have contacted UNEVOC. (see the answer below).
      Please Ronald and everybody intersted in involving young people in technical education and  training (rebuilding, agriculture and so on...), contact UNEVOC in Kenya to get books and professional counceling.
      Register to the Forum and to the bulletin!
      I have called IIEP/UNESCO  in Paris to get all information  for order "Guidebook for planning education in emergencies and reconstruction"
      http://www.unesco.org/iiep/eng/focus/emergency/emergency_1.htm
      Please send your order to them writing  to: info@...
      By myself  I'll downlad and print some copies and I'll bring with me to Nairobi in June.
      Peace!
      Maria Agnese

      Oggetto: RE: Books for Kenyans
      Data: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:10:47 +0100
      Da: "Alix Wurdak" <a.wurdak@...>
      A: <mariaagnesegiraudo@...>
      CC: "Natalia Matveeva" <n.matveeva@...>

       Dear Ms Giraudo,

      Thank you for your interest in the activities and publications of UNEVOC.

      The publication you requested can be downloaded in PDF format from our website using the following link:
      If your contact person in Kenya would like to receive a hard copy of this publication, please provide us with the recipient’s mailing address, and we will send it free of charge.

      If you wish to get in touch with TVET practitioners in Kenya, please do not hesitate to contact our UNEVOC Centres in Kenya. On our website, you will find for download the UNEVOC Centres Directory, which contains the contact information of our members worldwide: http://p19035.typo3server.info/fileadmin/user_upload/pubs/iug001ef.pdf. This directory can also be searched online: http://www.unevoc.net/unevocdir.php.
      For your convenience, I have extracted for you in a separate file the contact addresses of our UNEVOC Centres in Kenya (see attachment).

      I would also like to draw your attention to our email discussion platform known as the e-Forum, where you can link up with others in the field of technical and vocational education and training and exchange information and best practices. You can sign up for this service using the following link: http://www.unevoc.net/eforum.php.

      Additionally, you may wish to get in touch with the Kenyan National Commission for UNESCO, which may be able to provide you with further information on your request. Their contact information is:

      Kenya National Commission for UNESCO
      Ministry of Education, Science and Technology
      National Bank Building (14th floor)
      Harambee Avenue

      P.O. Box 72107 - 00200
      NAIROBI

      KENYA

      Phone (254-20) 22-90-53/54;
      (254-20) 33-89-80 (SecGen)
      Fax (254.20) 22 90 53/54; ;
      (254.20) 31.85.81; (254.20) 21.42.87 (Min. Educ.)

      I hope this information will be helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries or if we can be of further assistance.

      Best regards,

      Alix Wurdak
      --
      Ms Alix Wurdak