Re: [learningfromeachother] Response to Tom on Chickens and Bird Flu

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2006
      Hello Dear Tom, Lucas, and All,

      Terrific to hear from you, Tom, and I'll respond to other posts you've made soon too, I hope (have been offline a lot lately, through Nov). I wanted to comment on this, though: in these forums we have focused primarily on bird flu, not keeping chickens per se, but I think what you're saying is very interesting and important.

      I have a few questions:

      1) how can we be of help to you and the Deaf community in Kisumu in this regard?
      2) are you interested in the My FoodStory project? I think it would be excellent and insightful if you were to gather stories of people in the deaf community in Kisumu, in terms of their connections to food production. Would that be something you'd be interested in, and/or find useful?
      3) are you interested in the COL-Protein grant? We might work with Sam and others to create an ICTs-enabled learning environment related to keeping chickens, and also bird flu. I've been talking with Maria Agnese, Sam, and others abt doing something with ICTs, a learning center, and distance/open education, and COL-Protein is oriented in this direction.

      Will be in touch again soon, and in the meantime and always, greatest thanks and blessings for your invaluable work! Janet