Re: Jonathan Schafler wiki-based informal education

  • ms@auste.elnet.lt
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 6, 2006
      Jonathan, Thank you for your reply! I spoke today with Franz Nahrada of our
      Global Villages working group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/globalvillages/
      and he saw your Power Point presentation and encourages you to look at
      existing structures such as our Minciu Sodas lab. He invites you to join us.
      by Pamela McLean who just returned from Nigeria (any news Pam?) Please join
      us at either or both groups and let's discuss further! your work is very
      relevant. I also inform our groups the good news that we got EU approval for
      a "utopias" project in which we will get co-funding for video bridges
      technology in Lithuania, one unit for our Atzalynas center and a mobile unit.
      Andrius, http://www.ms.lt

      Thank you kindly for your note. Although I have not had a chance to review
      websites in great detail, I greatly respect your efforts to create
      wiki-based learning projects.

      In my view, there is a deep need for a wiki-based website with objective and
      subjective information organized in a curriculum format such as one
      at a university. Information on the Internet tends to lack in the coherence
      and focus of educational courses.

      Despite having a full map of how I envision the GiveThought website
      aesthetically and functioning, I do not have sufficient programming
      at my disposal to make it a reality. Do you know of anyone who would be
      willing to discuss involvement in this worthy social entrepreneurial

      I look forward to hearing back from you.

      Best regards,
      Jonathan Schafler

      Quoting ms@...: