Jonathan Schafler wiki-based informal education

  • ms@auste.elnet.lt
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2006
      Dear Jonathan Schafler,
      I'm glad to learn from Graham Douglas of your work as a social entrepreneur
      to create wiki-based educational materials.
      We have been working on similar projects at our Minciu Sodas laboratory
      http://www.ms.lt I share with our working groups for "learning from each
      work on MyFoodStory http://www.myfoodstory.com I invite you to join us!
      Andrius Kulikauskas, http://www.ms.lt
      -------------------------------------
      GiveThought.com (GT) is a wiki-based social entrepreneurship concept. GT
      will gather wiki lesson contributions to form coherent customizable learning
      curricula to be offered for free around the world to

      +Those who are unable to access formal education.
      +Those who wish to complement their formal educations
      +Those who wish to access information about subjective topics from an
      organized and coherent source.

      If you are interested in learning about or participating in the development
      of project GT, please contact founder Jonathan Schafler at:

      jms53@...

      Note: GiveThought.com is a social entrepreneurial venture. The originator of
      the concept will try to find a role for anyone interested in participating in
      its development but does not grant the right to use, sell or develop the
      concept without express written consent from the owner of GiveThought.com.

      Andrius,

      Jonathan Schafler is developing a wiki based social entrepreneurship website
      concept and is seeking feedback and expressions of interest at
      JSchafler@... . He is hosting the explanatory PPT presentation
      temporarily at: http://www.givethought.com

      Kind regards,
      Graham Douglas

      FOUNDER,
      INTEGRATIVE FEDERATION tm
      Achieving Sustainable Development
      4 Cintra Street, Ipswich, Australia 4305
      61 7 3282 9762; Skype: integrative
      integrative@...
      www.integrative-thinking.com
    • ms@auste.elnet.lt
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 6, 2006
        Jonathan, Thank you for your reply! I spoke today with Franz Nahrada of our
        Global Villages working group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/globalvillages/
        and he saw your Power Point presentation and encourages you to look at
        existing structures such as our Minciu Sodas lab. He invites you to join us.
        by Pamela McLean who just returned from Nigeria (any news Pam?) Please join
        us at either or both groups and let's discuss further! your work is very
        relevant. I also inform our groups the good news that we got EU approval for
        a "utopias" project in which we will get co-funding for video bridges
        technology in Lithuania, one unit for our Atzalynas center and a mobile unit.
        Andrius, http://www.ms.lt
        ------------------------

        Andrius,

        Thank you kindly for your note. Although I have not had a chance to review
        your
        websites in great detail, I greatly respect your efforts to create
        collaborative
        wiki-based learning projects.

        In my view, there is a deep need for a wiki-based website with objective and
        subjective information organized in a curriculum format such as one
        encounters
        at a university. Information on the Internet tends to lack in the coherence
        and focus of educational courses.

        Despite having a full map of how I envision the GiveThought website
        appearing
        aesthetically and functioning, I do not have sufficient programming
        expertise
        at my disposal to make it a reality. Do you know of anyone who would be
        willing to discuss involvement in this worthy social entrepreneurial
        venture?

        I look forward to hearing back from you.

        Best regards,
        Jonathan Schafler

        Jonathan.Schafler@...

        Quoting ms@...: