Re: Peace Monument” in Eldoret town o n 12th February 2008.

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2008
      Wesley Chirchir Chebbie +254 722 992 107 in Eldoret, we just spoke and I
      thanked you for your very important work under very difficult
      circumstances and also your great leadership as an organizer. Your
      detailed letter also lets us work very closely as friends. Thank you
      especially for the phone numbers of your "animators".

      We agreed that 200 USD is sufficient for the meeting which we will
      pursue in the spirit of Jesus who fed the thousands with nothing. As we
      discussed, let's be creative with our symbols. Bottled water is a
      symbol of separateness, whereas if we ladle water from a common vessel,
      that is our unity. (And costs much less.) Similarly, we invite people by
      asking them to help us. We ask people to bring chairs. We ask people
      to bring food. We ask people to bring flowers. We ask people to bring
      symbols of peace and decorations. We ask people to bring songs and
      dance. Please ask the Bishop of Eldoret, he is a hero and surely he
      will note every symbol.

      We also agreed that you will send us a summary account today of the
      money you have received so far, roughly how much you have kept for
      yourself (I hope that you have!) and roughly how have you distributed it
      to others. And a list of the names and phone numbers of the key people
      you have worked with. You gave a nice list on January 7, 2008:
      Please do this today and I will then confer with Kennedy and Rachel and
      send you money with their approval and all of our blessing for your
      vital work!

      Thank you, Wesley!