Onward in Love with Kikuyus from Nairobi

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2008
      This evening I spoke with Lawrence Achami +254 720 613 379, Rono
      Richards +254 723 732 617, Kennedy Owino +254 723 568 251
      http://www.nafsiafriacrobats.org , Rachel Wambui Kungu +254 721 626 389
      and Dennis Kimambo +254 722 388 275 http://www.repacted.org We are
      living through scary times, yet strategically we may have decisive
      impact. There is good news breaking through the bad news. Most
      recently, the Kikuyu clique Mungiki supported by the Kikuyu security
      police have set up roadblocks on the road from Nakuru to Nairobi
      (especially at Naivasha) and have been killing travelers from other
      tribes. We now have the chance to sap their hate with love from
      Kikuyus in Nairobi. This is our priority now.

      I ask for our donations by PayPal to ms@... or through the link at
      http://www.pyramidofpeace.net Please call Kenyans whose phone numbers,
      we have listed their phone numbers at
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?HelpKenyans Help them share their news
      and share our encouragement. You may purchase cellphone airtime for
      them at http://www.mamamikes.com, click on "send airtime" and note that
      most phones are Safaricom with prefix 72...whereas Celtel phones are
      prefix 73... And they are able to share their airtime with others.

      Rono Richards +254 723 732 617 is organizing a road trip through the
      Kalenjin areas that will yield many contacts for us. I spoke with him
      today, he is a Kalenjin and so is Wesley Chirchir +254 722 992 107
      http://www.kalenjin.net from Eldoret who will meet him tomorrow
      (Monday). They will rent a car and then visit Morendoko, Setkobor, the
      campsite at Mengitz farm where they will spend the night, and then
      Tuesday onward to the Sundu River camp, Piloa, Umoja Primary, Noinet,
      Kibtoror and then Wesley goes back to Eldoret. They will collect phone
      numbers for Wesley to post on the Internet upon his return, and they
      will organize white arm band volunteer security forces without weapons
      to assist police (whose protection they lack at this time), and they
      will find elders who might distribute food. I will send $50 of airtime
      to Rono tonight. They need more money for food and airtime and I ask
      for our donations.

      Lawrence Achami +254 720 613 379 is at a camp in that area at Baringo B
      along with several hundred Kikuyus and they also have some police
      protection. Yesterday Kalenjin fighters in the area killed five people
      in a neighboring farm not far away. However, Rono reports that a first
      camp for Kalenjins with police security has been set up at Baringo B so
      now they have a place to go. I will send $50 of airtime to Lawrence and
      I will ask him to engage the good Kikuyu police he knows so that they
      engage and sway the bad Kikuyu police at the roadblocks.

      Rachel Wambui Kungu +254 721 626 389 has agreed to lead our most vital
      advance at this time which is to engage with love the Kikuyus at the
      roadblocks. Rachel is a Kikuyu and otherwise it would be an
      inappropriate risk, and even so we all wish she proceed with care. Yet
      there are certainly many Kikuyus in Nairobi who will see the logic that
      they can appeal to their brothers to accept peace. So we ask for all of
      our help to reach out to Kikuyus in Nairobi and perhaps Nakuru to build
      her a team of Kikuyus willing to take small risks. They will go to
      Navaisha to make a base there with those who are willing to publicly
      post their telephones. They will engage the local elders to engage the
      local youths to not get recruited by the gangs. They will perhaps
      organize sports and other activities to keep them safe and busy. They
      may also organize the white armband volunteer security forces. They
      will step by step get closer to the gangs and the police who will find
      their love and kinship inescapable. Now is the time to act so that the
      gangs do not recruit others and are not emboldened by the government.
      This is our great priority now, we want to provide cash for transport,
      food and airtime, thank you for all donations!

      Kennedy Owino +254 723 568 251 was informed that tomorrow he will
      receive the airtime I sent him. (Mamamikes.com does not work on Sundays,
      and apparently human checking is involved in the orders.) He responded
      today to a fire in their neighborhood market in Nairobi and the cause is
      not yet clear, possibly arson, but there was no violence and different
      people helped together. Kennedy, Rachel and David Mutua +254 720 462
      559 meet tomorrow. Kennedy leads our organization of airtime across all
      of Kenya so that all Kenyans can encourage Kikuyus and Kalenjins to
      engage each other.

      Dennis Kimambo +254 722 388 275 is in Nakuru and resting after helping
      many friends get to safety. Today he spoke for one hour with a BBC
      reporter who also spoke with others in our network, thanks perhaps to
      Pamela McLean. Now Dennis is watching the African Cup of Nations on
      television. Dennis we wish you great relaxation!

      Thank you to our global team... Janet Feldman, Asif Daya, Joy Tang,
      Meadowlea (USA), Pamela McLean, Ricardo (UK), Maria Agnese Giraudo
      (Italy), Sasha Mrkailo (Serbia), Fred Kayiwa (Uganda), Kiyavilo Msekwa,
      Josephat Ndibalema, Primson Lugemwa (Tanzania) and many others
      http://www.ms.lt/news.php We are online at our chat room
      http://www.worknets.org/chat/ but especially on Thursday, January 31 we
      invite all to learn the many ways how we can help in our Pyramid of
      Peace http://www.pyramidofpeace.net see also
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?HelpKenyans We do need online
      volunteers including software developers.

      We are blessed by such resources and good news that overcomes the
      despair that we are shown on television. We are "independent thinkers"
      who identify with the same human condition even as we live in such a
      variety of people and circumstances. We are wonderfully meeting the
      changing times with whatever love they might demand.

      Onward in Love!

      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania