Participation , Moodle , and Open content.

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
      Just to share what I am up to.
      The email trail below may be onf interst to anyone here who is
      interested in Participation , Moodle, or Open content.- you are very
      welcome to particiapte as outlined in the two emails below - Pam.

      Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:59:01 +0100
      From: Pamela McLean <pam.mclean@...>
      To: pcf4innovation@...

      Dear Judith

      I was interested to read your email about teacher education in Botswana
      as I am involved in a small scale programme for teachers in rural
      Nigeria known as TT (Teachers Talking about ICTs).

      Part of the TT programme is a course called "NC3" (the No-Computer
      Computer Course) which may be relevant to your needs..

      I am about to visit some potential TT trainers in Nigeria and, in
      preparation, I have put some of the NC3 resources on the Internet at
      Cawdnet Campus (using Moodle) . If you want to see the NC3 resources
      please go to http://moodle.cawd.net/ then click on the link to Teachers
      Talking programme and login. If you find anything useful you are welcome
      to make use of it. Please let me know if you do. (If you have any
      trouble accessing it then email me - because we are still rather new to
      using Moodle and things may not go quite as I hope/expect. However I'm
      unlikely to be able to reply to emails for a while.)

      There are more resources to come later. I have not put everything that I
      have prepared up there yet - and more is still "in my head" from face to
      face teaching. I also hope to invite people from this and other lists to
      collaborate with me in collecting/developing additional resources. I
      hope to set up a working group at Cawdnet Campus to do that when I get
      back from Nigeria.

      If anyone else is interested in seeing/using/helping to develop the
      resources please also visit http://moodle.cawd.net/ then click on the
      link to Teachers Talking programme and login. (If you know your way
      around Moodle and want to be proactive and start to use the forums
      please feel free - and I'll catch up with you when I get back.)

      Pam

      KAMAU, J.W. (MRS.) wrote:

      >Thanks for these reflections. I am involved in running a an in-service
      >teacher education in Botswana.we have an enrolment of about 2400. One of
      >the major challenges has been teaching a course in computer skills
      >outside of residential sessions because majority of learners have no
      >access to computers. I would be interested to explore further the
      >issues you are raising about alternative access in a developing country
      >in the African context where the digital divide I would imagine is
      >highest.
      >
      > Thanks
      >
      > Judith Kamau
      >Coordinator Diploma in Primary Education by distance mode
      >University of Botswana

      -
      You have received this posting because you have subscribed to the pcf4innovation
      virtual conference, hosted by the Commonwealth of Learning. If you wish to remove
      yourself from this mailing list, please send an e-mail to Majordomo@...
      (not to the list) with the following command in the body of your email message:
      unsubscribe pcf4innovation <your e-mail address> A web-based archive of postings
      to this virtual conference is available at
      http://hub.col.org/pcf4innovation/index.html It can be sorted by author, date, or
      subject line.
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
        Just to share what I am up to.
        The email trail below may be of interest to anyone here who is
        interested in Participation , Moodle, or Open content.- you are very
        welcome to participate as outlined in the two emails below - Pam.

        -
        You have received this posting because you have subscribed to the pcf4innovation
        virtual conference, hosted by the Commonwealth of Learning. If you wish to remove
        yourself from this mailing list, please send an e-mail to Majordomo@...
        (not to the list) with the following command in the body of your email message:
        unsubscribe pcf4innovation <your e-mail address> A web-based archive of postings
        to this virtual conference is available at
        http://hub.col.org/pcf4innovation/index.html It can be sorted by author, date, or
        subject line.
      • Janet Feldman
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
          Dear Pam and All,

          Greatest thanks for this posting, as it's always inspiring to see what you are up to!! Also, I'm excited that it looks like you've made a connection with Derek Keats--w/whom we just spoke during Global Learn Day in early October--in this other setting!! Did you know him from this COL forum before GLD, or did you first "meet" (speak) during GLD and then connect via COL?

          I'm also happy to see the COL connection w/regard to you, because I think your work and that of FF could benefit from a link to them, and they could benefit from knowing you. I do recall that you know Krishna Alluri (our GRASSUP mentor) already, as he cc'd both of us re advising someone he knows in Nigeria this past spring...does that mean you're working with COL already? I'd like to know more abt what you're doing along those lines.

          Can you tell us more here abt the pc4innovation forum and work, too? I'll also try to find info, and will hopefully subscribe to the conference/forum in any case, because it would surely inform the COL-related work myself and others in GRASSUP NOW.

          With immense appreciation for being such an invaluable "COL"-league, and yours in Moodle magic!! Janet (ps did you see an article abt Moodle on DDN? I still have it in case you didn't and would like me to post it here)

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 18, 2006
            Thanks Janet.
            Travelling soon - won't be able to reply before I get back. (Should be
            early Nov)