The Winneba Linux User Group -WiLUG had a succeful Seminar on "Open Source in Education" for Senior Members of the Faculty of Science of the University of Education, Winneba-Ghana. This was jointly organised by the Center for Continuing Education (CCE) and the Teaching/Learning Instructional Innovation Group (TELIG) of the Univeristy and the WiLUG.
It was well attended and very interactive.
After the Welcome Address by the Head of CCE, the following presentations were made;
"The Ripples Of Freedom: Open Source in Education"
- Kafui A. Prebbie (WiLUG Team Leader): 15mins
"OpenOffice: An Alternative?"
- Gideon M. Anapey & Maura Cranny Ntow (WiLUG Members): 20mins
"Edubuntu Tools: Education and Games Menu"
- Gertrude Tsetse & Sandra Okyere (WiLUG Members): 15mins
"Content Management System: KEWL-Knowledge for Web Based Learning"
- Reuben Mereku & Laud Mark-Mills (WiLUG Members): 20mins
- Mr. Victor Antwi, Lecturer, Dept. of Science Education: 10mins
The Vice Chancellor, Prof. Jophus Anamuah-Mensah, was present and urged the faculty members to tap into the rich resource base of the WiLUG members.
WiLUG at the end of the session,
1. Promised to provide the technical support to set up the KEWL tool for the faculty.
2.Unveiled and presented a new website of the University to the Vice Chancellor. He was very impressed and thanked WiLUG with passion aftter which he promised to launch it as soon as possible.
More comming up soon on www.wilugghana.org