Giving to Kenya if you are a UK taxpayer

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      If you are a UK taxpayer you may be interested in this suggestion which could to increase the value of any money you are sending to Kenya via Andrius at Minciu Sodas http://www.ms.lt/. I am connected with a small UK registered charity (number 1104228) called CAWD (Charity for African Welfare and Development ). If you donate online via CAWD then we can claim back the income tax that you have already paid, which adds to the value of your gift at no extra cost to you.

      ~ What you do  ~

      # You can donate to CAWD online at  https://www.bmycharity.com/cawd

      # Click on the "donate now" button in the online donation section.

      # Fill out your details on the form

      # Put a message in the "personal message" space, saying your gift is for use in Kenya via Mincui Sodas

      # Please tick the "giftaid it" box to confirm you are a UK taxpayer so we can claim the 28p for every £1 you donate, at no extra cost to you.

      ~ How it works - Advantages and disadvantages of giving via CAWD instead of direct ~

      The disadvantage of giving via CAWD is that it is a bit slower, but the benefit is that you increase the value of your gift. The organisation which handles online donations for us waits until it has a total of £100, then it adds the £28 potential tax rebate (minus a small handling fee) and then passes the increased gift on to CAWD and we will pass all  of that on to Andrius.

      Please consider this way of giving.

      Please circulate this information adding a personal explanation of your connection with this initiative.

      On behalf of our friends in Kenya and all those they will help - thank you.