Public Domain thematic network proposal

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2006
      Today I sent out most of the documents for participating in the
      Politecnico of Torino's proposal for the EU public domain thematic
      network. If this proposal wins, then we will get money to travel to
      discuss Public Domain related issues. I think I will be able to go
      myself or send another participant at our lab. I included Samwel Kongere
      as our researcher because it would be fantastic if he could participate.
      Andrius, http://www.ms.lt

      Minciu Sodas is an open laboratory for serving and organizing
      independent thinkers around the world, including Kenya, India, the
      Balkans and Silicon Valley. Since 1999, more than 600 participants have
      contributed more than 17,000 letters in 27 groups set up in the “Public
      Domain except as noted”, as well as created thousands of wiki pages.
      Minciu Sodas has championed the use of the Public Domain for personal
      inquiry, growth, leadership and social networking. Minciu Sodas has also
      shown the economic value of the Public Domain for team building, having
      served over 20 clients with organizers, programmers and researchers.
      Currently, Minciu Sodas is working for UnaMesa Association to create
      www.myfoodstory.com to show and engage the world's food supply chain.

      Andrius Kulikauskas is the founder and sole proprietor of Minciu Sodas.
      He earned his Ph.D. in mathematics at the University of California at
      San Diego. He has won travel grants for his papers which have advanced
      the Public Domain: “The Algebra of Copyright” in Vienna, Austria, “An
      Economy for Giving Everything Away” in Bangalore, India, and “Social
      Hacking: The Need for an Ethics” in Milan, Italy.

      Samwel Kongere is a researcher in Rusinga Island, Kenya who will be
      leading one of six teams at Minciu Sodas to collect farmer's personal
      stories for www.myfoodstory.com He is experienced at engaging thinkers
      regarding their values and inquiries, enrolling them for online
      communities, and representing them online. He contributes an essential
      perspective for understanding intellectual property issues in a
      developing country with marginal Internet access.