Re: Organize music event for Kenya there and here,

  • Samwel Kongere
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2008
      Samwel Kongere <jambita1@...> wrote:
      Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 02:00:26 -0800 (PST)
      From: Samwel Kongere <jambita1@...>
      Subject: Re: Organize music event for Kenya there and here,
      To: Maria Agnese Giraudo <mariaagnesegiraudo@...>,
      robert othieno <wuodalego@...>,
      ken owino <ken_the_acrobat@...>, Pamela McLean <pam@...>

      OK Maria, Pamela,  Ken and Robert,

      It's a noble idea as we see the country continue to realize chaos, deaths and confusion. Music is widely used in Kenya for political campaigns, it can also be used as a means to drum peace. Traditionally Africans have war songs, ceremonial songs and deaths music which sometimes console most people to focus and re-asses the situation.
      Let me see if we can do this later when everything comes to calm.
      Sam

      Maria Agnese Giraudo <mariaagnesegiraudo@...> wrote:
      Dear All,
      I would like to put in touch you all in  Kenya with Robert Othieno, a Kenyan from Kisumu,  living in Florence and  a frind of Ken. Please let us arrange some music event to rise out  request of peace and respect oh human rights in Kenya!
      Maria Agnese