Fw: [GBV-HIV-AIDS] update from Kenya.. impact on people needing care and access to food..

  • Janet Feldman
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2008
      Dear All,

      This is news from a journalist who specializes in health and women's issues. What she says confirms some of our info, and also has an interesting link to the FoodStory project, as this is one aspect we normally don't think of when addressing the subject.

      The fear and concerns for safety are so palpable. Women are apparently being raped and abused in greater numbers too, according to her research and news-gathering.

      Thankfully, the EU, Tanzania, and individuals of great stature--like Desmond Tutu--are lending their support for a peaceful resolution of this situation.

      This mail brings up questions about what we can do now, and what we can do in future. It's frustrating not to have more of that possible "future" available now, but let's try to figure out what is possible now, including redoubling our prayers and our outreach efforts (not only communications, but of love and concern).

      Thanks so much for whatever people do...anything that is positive and uplifting will make a difference! Janet