Internet Access for Actwid Kongadzem in Cameroon

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2007
      Wendi,

      Thank you for making the great effort to write to us. I am glad that
      you explain your situation. This is essential.

      First, I correct your letter (or your memory). I am very careful not to
      make promises (and I encourage us not to). Therefore I doubt your
      statement regarding any promises for Internet access. Certainly, you
      understand I have no magical resources to provide.

      Also, I did suggest inviting a representative to Europe, but not for
      January 2008. No date was set. I did not hear much if anything from
      you about that.

      I think you have made a big mistake if you have rented a large room at a
      commercial center. This is the first time that I have heard of this
      room. How much did you rent it for? Where is it located? We have no
      knowledge of your financial situation. You make financial decisions
      without consulting us. How can we possibly work with you on this?

      Wendi, This is from a letter that I wrote on October 6, 2007:

      I also think we should definitely include a representative of Actwid
      Kongadzem in Cameroon because of their longstanding interest in
      computers and
      wireless Internet access. Wendi, please, could you send us for the Public
      Domain descriptions of five or ten of your participants so we could learn
      more about them? How are they helping others? How would they like to?
      Perhaps they know... what is their deepest value in life that includes
      all of
      their other values? Perhaps they know... What is a question that they don't
      know the answer to, but wish to answer? We would like to know each of
      you as
      "independent thinkers" and work to include you in our network.

      Perhaps you did not find this. These questions are still important.
      And there is much more that you can do with the existing computer that
      you have (which you earned by working on My Food Story).

      I'm disappointed by what you write about Uyoga. They have organized
      about 15 participants for our laboratory. Agnese and Samwel have met
      and worked with them many times. They only received their first
      computer a few months ago. Yet they have done a lot with us this year.
      I hope we might learn to work with you as we have with Uyoga.

      Wendi, I know almost nothing about your situation. Yes, let's work
      together, but we need to learn much more:
      * Get answers to the questions above.
      * Draw a map of your area with the existing Internet access points.
      * Write about your current Internet access. How often do you use the
      Internet? Where? How much does it cost?
      * Write about your participants: What would they like to achieve?

      Then we can start supporting your existing use of the Internet access in
      many ways. We can send flash drives and also our laboratory's content
      and do experiments. If you are interested, then yes, please let's do that.

      Thank you for your letters. Greetings to all in Actwid Kongadzem.

      Vilnius, Lithuania