Re: [learningfromeachother] Introducing myself

  • Samwel Kongere
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 13, 2007
      Ok wonderful Meadowlea,

      I look up to working with you and the entire MS lab. What are your deepest Values in life as an independent thinker? Do you have questions which you need answers to? We can explore your endeavors and become life changers in the societies we serve and live.
      Cheers,
      Sam.

      meadowlea <meadowlea@...> wrote:
      Samuel, thank you for your warm welcome!

    • meadowlea
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 13, 2007
        Thank you Samuel! I look up to working with you too! I'm so incredibly impressed
        with Andrius, Pam, yourself and all the rest! Really incredible work going on here.
        My time is limited, but I'll make time for something I'm so completely aligned with!

        As I mentioned before, my deepest value is kindness to others and oneself. One
        of my biggest challenges is how to stay true to that while keeping my essential
        power in tact which feeds good intuition and confidence, if you know what I mean.

        Over and over I've given my power away in various situations; for example money
        to people who I should not have entrusted it to. But at the same time, there was
        value in losing it because I had too much value on money and survival / security
        at the expense of service, which I was really aiming at, but couldn't get through
        my fears of survival to think clearly about how and where to contribute. Now that
        I've lost my money (or the spiritually minded will say I lost only the perception of
        money), I find myself way more sensitive and willing to help than before! My heart
        opened in a new way. I'm learning to trust that what I need will be there for me
        without urgently grasping for it, if you know what I mean - much more than before.

        At the same time, I see a pattern of giving my power away, and I have friends who
        are concerned about me regarding that.

        So these are some of the things that are going on with me right now. :-)

        Also, I'm still looking for the very best place to really dig in and make a difference
        for myself and others in a way that I know is the best place for me deep down in
        my bones. I felt some of that really good feeling as I edited some things for Fred
        and encouraged him to start his original Computer Desired group at omidyar.net,
        guiding him a bit here and there along the way to bridge cultural divides. I do
        really enjoy supporting people who are as intentional as Fred, and how to do that
        without losing my own shirt is my challenge.

        This group is giving me some renewed confidence. Thank you to everyone!!

        meadowlea

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 14, 2007
          --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, "meadowlea"
          <meadowlea@...> wrote:

          > Hello everyone,
          >
          > My name is Meadowlea. I was introduced to this group by FdKayiwa.
          > I'm quite honored to be invited to this group of creative thinkers
          by Fred
          > and Andrius. My interest is in assisting in whatever small ways I
          can
          > with everyone's emergence, including my own. I enjoy hearing about
          > all of your lives and love watching how you all support each
          other. I've
          > actually been watching along for some time now, and Fred and
          Andrius
          > suggested I say hello. So, yes, I can be a bit shy at first, but
          here's my
          > friendly, "Hello." :-)
          >
          > I live in the United States and got to know Fred through
          omiyar.net,
          > which is no longer active. The main thing about me that you will
          come
          > to know is that I just love seeing people appreciate each other. I
          think it
          > gives people confidence and energy, and I love seeing people emerge
          > with confidence, energy and kindness. I think appreciating each
          other
          > is one of the greatest kindnesses. Fred is good at that, so we
          have
          > become friends. :-)
          >
          > meadowlea
          >Its very nice Meadowlea fo your introduction,Iam happy to know
          about yourself.
          >Iam Abinel Emmanuel from Tanzania,also iam a member of the one of
          the Youth based organization called UYOGA.
          >As like the good seed sown in the field,they are to grow up and
          bring forth fruits,So from now we know each other,its the better way
          to exchange ideas.
          >And also i have to say thanks for Samweli for his motivation,We are
          very happy ones,thanks again for the digital camera which is given
          by himself.
          >Abinel
        • meadowlea
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 15, 2007
            Thank you for your warm welcome, Abinel!
            I like the metaphor of your youth as seeds and fruits.
            I can feel your love for them in that.
            I look forward to getting to know you all better and better.

          • asif.daya@trainerspod.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 15, 2007
              Welcome Meadowlea!!!

              I hope you get a lot out of this experience and I wish you the very best. This is a good place to meet others like yourself and learn about those same interests that you wonder about due to your situation.....as in others in Africa, or developing nations. Hope you have a good experience here.

              Asif

              "In times of change, learners inherit the earth while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped to deal with a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 15, 2007
                Thank you, Asif!
                I like this friendly group.
                :-)