ICT and open cotent management

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3 3:43 AM

      Dear Pamela, Andrius, Janet and Maria Agnese, Jeff and All,
      My schedule has been very busy with many issues in the grassroots, and could not immediately thank everybody for the good collaboration seen to have Mbita on the limelight of our Lab Minciu-Sodas. Maria Agnese came and visited us successfully. I have been unable to keep up with the mails and read from the list and this has made me have more slow communication trends.
      We had discussed a great deal with Maria Agnese agreeing to be collaborators and partner up for Information Communication Technology empowerment for our communities both In Kenya and Tanzania . The far most arrangement is to meet the Tanzania team in November and discuss the possible initiation of an ICT project there and Maria will organize some possibilities for the success of our meeting.
      Maria Agnese is a serious lady and need more serious people to partner up with. From the list and in our agreement, we both need support on open content management which will help us to be competent Web designers and help communities we are working with to have sites for their own information handling. This in itself will give more balanced information and sharing of the activities. The Dar meeting in November will open a way for another Telecenter Gateway in Dar. We both need Pamela, Andrius and everybody’s in put concerning this move With Maria Agnese. We foresee a possibility of coming together as a team from MS Lab to implement an ICT project in Dar and Rusinga Island where Udogo youth development group operates its activities. In Dar es salaam we are going to partner up with interested youth groups or women groups to join Helen Mahoo and William Wambura.
      This meeting will take place in the third week of November 2006 in Dar es salaam . I am planning to arrive in Dar es salaam in the week end of second week and plan a meeting together with William and Helen to find the possibility of forming a steering committee and way forward. I am going to send a specific date after getting the feedback from William and Helen. We need regional and international volunteers to come up with information regarding Tanzania and ICT policies, to make this move successful.
      We agreed with Maria on a possible trip to Europe to promote what we do together and hope Andrius will organize this for next year and hope to meet a few people for more partnerships and collaborations for the betterment of the global villages.
      Thanks for everybody’s in put and to me and Udogo youth development group.

      Samwel Okech kongere
      Nyamuga primary school
      P.O BOX 191,
      MBITA  040305-KENYA.