Welcome to Davis, Anthony, Meadowlea, Seeds of Hope, Kims!

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2007
      Welcome to many new participants! And thank you to Fred, Janet and all who
      greet them!

      Davis Weddi, Welcome to One Reaching Another! It's great that you have
      experience in media and SMS. I hope that you can Fred get together. I
      encourage you to look at the Rising Voices grants for citizen media
      http://wiki.rising.globalvoicesonline.org

      Anthony Diaz, What a beautiful letter you wrote! I look forward to sharing
      with our lab's Spanish group minciu_sodas_ES@yahoogroups.com or please do!

      Meadowlea, Thank you for your loving help for Fred! Perhaps your deepest
      value is: "loving see people appreciate each other" or ... ?

      Seeds of Hope, who are you? Please write more about yourself!

      Kims, What fantastic expertise you bring for the Includer, thank you! How
      far is Arusha from Dar es Salaam in Tanzania?

      I ask each of you to write, What is your deepest value in life, that
      includes all of your other values? (If you are able to answer that!) And
      also: What is a question that you don't know the answer to, but wish to
      answer?

      Ricardo, Thank you for your wonderful energy developing your many ideas
      for making good use of marginal Internet access, including the Bluetooth
      Phone Includer http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?BluetoothPhoneIncluder

      Greetings from Rome, Italy. I will try to find hardware hackers who could
      help us. Also, I will discuss with Agnese, Davide, Nicolas what Fred
      Kayiwa might learn when he is here in January about trashware and
      electronics assembly.

      Ricardo, please help me by not posting at Samwel Kongere's group Mendenyo
      on days when traffic is heavy there (more than 5 letters per day). And
      please post as few letters as possible (you can your replies together into
      one). We had 13 letters today and I know from experience that it drives
      lurkers to unsubscribe and the group implodes (as with a supernova).
      Let's steer our energy to other groups such as Kennedy Owino's
      nafsiafrikasaana@yahoogroups.com (on cherished sustainable livelihoods)
      and Fred Kayiwa's onereachinganother@yahoogroups.com or Janet Feldman's
      holistichelping@yahoogroups.com or Pamela McLean's
      learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com Then we will have several strong
      groups each with slightly different focuses.

      I spend great energy signing people up for our groups and it can take many
      months before they get acclimatized and speak up. So we don't want to
      chase people away! We have people in very different situations - some can
      handle getting mail from many groups - but others can get overwhelmed with
      a single group.

      We solve this by encouraging our newcomers to write whereever they can and
      asking our oldtimers (like Ricardo, Asif, Samwel, Andrius!) to not write
      when there is too much traffic in a group. That is another reason we have
      many groups. And we hope to have more!

    • bilingualnewspaper
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 12, 2007
        Hey Andrius;

        I was just wondering if my letter went trhough!

        Let me know if you let it pass... I need some encouragement...

        I'm looking forward to "Collaborate in some Distance Learning
        Projects in 2008 & maybe we can put together a Global Learn Day with
        all our friends around the Globe.

        JOY TO THE WORLD!

        HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

        Peace & Love,

        Anthony D.
        www.ModelsNewsletter.com/org

        www.DirectoryOfUSA.com

        www.WORLDenEspanol.com

        www.CModeling.com

        T: 773-501-8390

        --- In learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com, ms@... wrote:

> [...]
        > learningfromeachother@yahoogroups.com Then we will have several
        strong
        > groups each with slightly different focuses.
        >
        > I spend great energy signing people up for our groups and it can
        take many
        > months before they get acclimatized and speak up. So we don't
        want to
        > chase people away! We have people in very different situations -
        some can
        > handle getting mail from many groups - but others can get
        overwhelmed with
        > a single group.
        >
        > We solve this by encouraging our newcomers to write whereever they
        can and
        > asking our oldtimers (like Ricardo, Asif, Samwel, Andrius!) to not
        write
        > when there is too much traffic in a group. That is another reason

      • meadowlea
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 12, 2007

          Andrius and all,
          My deepest value is kindness to all, including oneself.
          That is my course of study for life!!
          Thank you again for welcoming me so warmly.
          I am quite excited about what can happen
          when motivated young people like yourselves get together!!

          meadowlea