joining the chat room

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2007
      Hi Nancy
      Info below on joining the chat room, as requested - prepared originally for someone completely new to chat,
      Look forward to e-meeting you again there.
      Pam
      You can go to the chat room by clicking this link
      WorkNets Chat Room

      If ever you need to find it again I suggest this approach. The easiest way to find any of the links that I use is to go to my blog http://learnbydoinguk.blogspot.com/   If you don't have the blog link to hand you can go to Google and search for LearnByDoing Blog. You will see a list of links down the right hand side - including the worknets chat-room one.

      When you click the worknets link you will get to a page which says "Choose your language" - and the one offered in the box is "Lietuviu" (This is Lithuanian for Lithuanian - the mother tongue of my friend Andrius Kulikauskus - who is the man who set up this chat room.) Click where it says "Lietuviu" and you will get a drop down menu. You can click on "English" there. After selecting "English" click on "next".  Then you get to a page where you enter your name. You can put whatever name you want people to know you by during the chat.

      Remember that when you enter a chat room it is like joining an ordinary conversation - you do not see/hear what has been written/said before you join in. Similarly if someone joins later they do not see/hear what has been written/said before they joined the conversation. It is sometimes hard to realise this. Remember that you can choose a colour by selecting it from the palette on the left hand side of the screen.

      Remember too that everything you write in Andrius' chat room is archived and is available to be read by anyone who uses the Internet.