Atwist of interest From Kenya

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2007
      Hi,

      I love communication and with it you can go heights. I really say; Mendenyo is somewhat people without food, without employment, information and good health; can make people become vulnerable to their own actions which are very detrimental to their own development. I have become self disciplined and this has made me become  freelance community researcher.

      I have been finding it very interesting to see people vulnerable to their own self due to misinformation gang streets of our cities, here in Kenya. All along during elections, I don't move out from my rural place but this time I found myself in the middle of Nairobi during the nomination process for the coming elections. The youths could manage to make extraordinary noise, appeal for justice, burning rubbers, stoning vehicles etc by the name of supporting the politicians.

      The real background for all this noise is that the politicians hire youths because they don't have jobs to sustain them. Elections are not violent because people are poor, no they are paid to make the fiasco. I found out that the women , Young men and elderly people are hired per day for between Kes: 20.00 to  Kes: 100.00 depending on how much you are aggressive and violent. This is a same to our politicians and their cronies.

      It is so far agreed that crowd at the campaign rallies are not supporters but hired crowds. There is this method of hiring a crowd per day. So youths will always hope to have elections for easy access of money for making noise for politicians who late do not mind helping them because they used their own money to win their ruthlessness and hooliganism. It is a same for our country.
       Have a cheerful day, over there,
      Sam

      Samwel Okech kongere
      Nyamuga primary school