In Nairobi

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2007
      Dear Colleagues,

      I am happily staying in Nairobi with Ken Owino for a few days before I leave for Dar on Sunday. I really appreciate our great work in the Lab and the momentum has been growing. I know most of our members know the culture of our lab. It is amazing to see people joining mendenyo@yahoogroups.com, this is where we are focusing the ICT at it's best. The community wireless Internet for access points is our dream goal but i thank our good members for the support and innovative, inspirations, motivation and material support for the project in Mbita Kenya. i know most our time is spent on fact finding to help Mendenyo and the entire community.

      Initially,  i didn't know the growing interest for community wireless connection but I thank Jeff, Asif, Andrius and mostly Ricardo for the great pointing on the required skills. I am hoping to start the year on a serious note; on doing the second phase of doing the internet connection for the centre and going further to have repeaters for the access points after the network administrative training i am starting in January 08 after the December elections here in Kenya.

      I am moving out to Tanzania on Sunday 25Th to spent in Moshi and will be with Uyoga members as from Monday 26th to see how they are fairing, how they can contribute to our Wiki and expand on more of Youth mobilization for the poultry project. This is a connection between what i do for our Lab and our partnership with Maria Agnese.

      Have good time and keep in touch,
      Cheers,
      Sam.

      Samwel Okech kongere