Re: [learningfromeachother] Andrius-Serina-Tom-Eric (Wanjamah)/Ronald/Udogo and Uyoga

  • serina
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 19, 2007
      Dear Janet,

      Thanks for the feedback, suggestions and new contact (Eric Wanjama). Will be talking to Tom this by phone and try to give him an update of whats going on.

      Regards
      serina

      On Nov 18, 2007 11:08 PM, Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:

      Dear Andrius, Serina, Tom, and All,

      Wonderful to see this news, and apologies for my own absence from more active participation of late. My father's care leaves me little time to do anything else, though I try to read all postings from the forums and am delighted by what I see happening on many fronts.

      Andrius, I'm so sorry that my time this week got swallowed up by these other commitments! I'll write to you personally and hope we can find a time to talk before you hit the road again.

      Serina, I'm so happy to know of your work with Tom--w/whom I've been working myself for a few years now--and I love your ideas for the webpage. I have some posting to do for Tom related to volunteers too, so perhaps I could include that among the activities we need volunteers to accomplish. I hope we can link up and work together, including on a Rising Voices grant for Deaf Impact, maybe for the February cycle? Andrius, would this interest you too?

      Serina, I believe you are in Sweden now (?), and would love for you to meet another Kenyan now there, a social worker who is doing graduate work at a Swedish university. His name is Eric Wanjamah, and he is at ewanjamah@... (as well as being in Holistic Helping and a couple other forums).

      Ronald, terrific to see your recent activity related to telecenters, and as soon as I can, I will send you info about hooking up with several ICTs and telecentre-related activities in Kenya!

      Sam, Helen, Josephat, William, and all in Udogo and/or Uyoga, so exciting about your "youth and ICTs" activities, developing links with each other, and work related to government's encouragement of ICTs access and use, e-governance, and policy-making on these subjects.

      Sam, thanks so much too for your note regarding Charles and the nonprofit he was concerned about. I missed that until a week or so ago, but now have it on my list of mails to write.

      Will close for now with excitement, hopefulness, and blessings to all, and look forward to a new year full of richness (hopefully of all varieties, haha!), hope, words, and deeds! Janet

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2007
        ---Thanks Serina for the work you do in diaspora